View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #1368
Radii
Head Coach

-- My assistant manager is asked in the postgame press conference about Eoin Darcy's desire for an improved contract. My assistant says he won't be getting a new contract any time soon. I take a look and Darcy has a "slight concern" wanting a new deal. He's making $4300/wk for 3 more seasons. He's only 20, but he has played in 10 matches for me and scored 4 goals, so I'm ok with giving him a new deal. He asks for $50,000/wk. Wow kid, you're really going for it, huh? I offer him $45,000/wk. It'd be for this season and 3 more after this, I just refuse to pay him more than Matthew Khan.

November 9th, 2014

Newcastle (8-1-2, 1st) @ Ipswich(4-2-3, 8th)

Newcastle are slim 6:4 favorites in this one, we're 13:8 to get a win. This is a key early matchup with Newcastle in 1st place right now. I'm a little annoyed that Newcastle is doing so well, since I took some joy in the fact that I sold MC Gordon Donnelly to Newcastle when they were doing worse than we were and wanted him to regret his decision to leave. We're 7-0-10 lifetime against them. We lost to them 1:0 twice last year, but had won 3 straight prior to that.

GK: Bogdanovs
D: Kirkland/Bartlett/Aldrovandi/Jackson
M: Adagsmar/Jean/Mills/Gordon
F: Darcy/Constantino

Donnelly isn't in the lineup for them today.

We keep most of our lineup the same today since everyone is coming off a great performance vs AJ Auxerre. Adagsmar in for Crespo and Aldrovandi in for Skhosana.

Standard mindset today.

16': Free kick out wide for us, Gordon sends it into the area... I don't get it... Aldrovandi wins a header, the keeper dives for it... the ball goes into the net, but its considered an own goal by the keeper. Well, we're up 1-0! But the match view didn't match the scoring on that one. 1-0

34': We'll counter attack.

HALF: No highlights the last 20 minutes or so. We have 6 shots but none on target, 4 from long range. Newcastle shoots 7 times, but takes 5 from long range. 3 on target. If we can keep them taking long shots hopefully we're in good shape here. I may drop back to a 4-1-4-1 but for now just counterattacking in my normal formation.

61': We have a corner, they clear it out but we recover, passed to Gordon back out left, into the area for Adagsmar... he goes down in the area... penalty!!! Gordon takes it and scores. 2-0

65': Smith in for Darcy, 4-1-4-1, Chrzanowski in for Gordon.

92': Mills heads out a corner kick... and goes down hurt. Ugh, we'll check on him shortly.

Ipswich 2 : 0 Newcastle

Its a weird game here, with an own goal and a penalty for us, but our defense was outstanding, they took 11 shots today but 8 from long range, not a serious threat at all.

Man of the Match: Neil Gordon (8.3)
Goal: Gordon
Assists: Gordon, Adagsmar (7.0)
Notables: Bogdanovs (7.0), Jackson (7.3), Kirkland (7.6), Aldrovandi (7.0), Barltett (7.1), Mills (7.0)

Big win for us over the #1 team!

Injury Update

Steven Mills turned his knee awkwardly landing after a header and he's going to miss 2 weeks.

-- Man Utd moves into first with our help today. We bump up to 7th.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote