View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 02:58 PM   #1479
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Have you met Auburn? This is not new to them at all. Auburn definitely had every intention on hiring Freeze as a second choice to Kiffin. It was a spirited campaign against him that cooled it off. Don't be surprised if they hold their nose and still sign him if they can't find another big splash.

I am very aware of Auburn. That is why I said it was an unnecessary trial balloon. If and when the boosters say he is the next head coach, he will be the next head coach regardless of baggage. If there was some spirited campaign against him due to his past that prevented the hire, then he never had a shot at the job. I get why a school like Liberty might have to play that game. Auburn does not.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote