View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 11:49 AM   #2092
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post
It's pretty funny with all the craziness with tampering of current players, NIL offers during recruiting, etc. that the NCAA chooses stuff like this to concentrate on.

FSU's best basketball recruit from last year, Baba Miller - who chose FSU over Gonzaga, among others - received a 16 game suspension for getting transportation from Spain to the US to go to a recruiting camp before he was ever being recruited by anyone, when he decided it was better for his career to play college basketball instead of for Real Madrid. I don't know who paid for the trip, but they paid the money back once they understood eligibility issues, and it's pretty clear that since he wasn't on anyone's radar, it likely was no one associated with a team - and definitely not FSU.

This, contrasted against Penny Hardaway directly paying for James Wiseman to relocate so he could/would choose Memphis over ... FSU. Wiseman got a 12 game suspension.

It's a total joke.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote