View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 06:45 PM   #329
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2020 Selection Sunday

BYU got the #6 seed in the NCAA West Region and will take on the winner of a First Four game between Wyoming and Alabama.

St. Louis got the #7 seed in the NCAA Midwest Region and will take on (10) Missouri in the First, Second Round, whatever you want to call it.

Drake gets the #12 seed in the NCAA South Region and will take on (5) St. Marys in the First Round. More mid-major bias by the selection committee, but given how weak the MVC is right now, I'm not surprised.

Hawaii, as expected, gets bounced to the NIT. They'll be the #5 seed in the NIT East Region and will travel to (4) Oklahoma in the Second Round.

UMass Lowell does get into the CIT and will host (9) Nicholls St. in the First Round.

2 notes: That UC Irvine team that won 7 games during the regular season, but upset Hawaii in the First Round of the Big West Tourney? Well they ended up somehow getting hot and winning the Big West Tourney, earning a First Four berth in the NCAA Tournament. So bbgunn, don't feel too bad, at least the team that knocked you out of a chance for the NCAA tournament won the conference tournament and got the bid that should have been Hawaii's.

Also, nothing has changed in the MVC, as they sent just 3 teams to the postseason. Thankfully I got out of there when I did. The MVC is still running a conference prestige of 3.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote