View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 11:53 AM   #403
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Graves is the highlighted player this pre-game.

Simon has 7 inches and 100 pounds on their starting center!

Navy is hanging with us early. 11-10 at the 15 minute mark, we lead.

With 9:24 left in the half, we are up 22-13. I give my starters a rest.

I wish this game had a server to upload videos. I just had an amazing steal fastbreak 2-on-1 alley-oop in which Waters laid it up for Ortiz who threw it down so gracefully yet powerfully. Great play. Our home crowd is going wild. We are up 26-13.

We are up 32-15 with 4 minutes to go when our starters return.

We are leading 36-18 at the half.

Hannan is the player of the half with 13 points, 3 boards, 1 assist, and 1 steal.

Once I get my final starter into double digits, I decide to pull my starters. We are up 67-26 with 9:46 to go.

We win the game 81-37.

Hannan is the player of the game. He finishes with 17 points, 4 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 5 of 15, 1 of 5, and 6 of 9.

I'm now very happy that Adams left. Clifford had a great put back slam and he got his first block. He is clearly a more dynamic player than Adams with more height and bulk and I think he makes us immediately better.

All of our starters played 25 minutes.

Everett had 11 points, 3 boards, 4 assists, and 6 steals. He shot 3 of 10.

Graves had 9 points, 5 assists, 2 boards, 2 steals, and a block. He shot 4 of 8. Oops, I guess I didn't get all of my starters into double digits after all.

Cornette had 10 points, 13 boards, and a block. He shot 4 of 7.

Simon had 10 points, 11 boards, and a steal. He shot 5 of 10.

Willis, the most touted of my recruits, had 12 points, 7 boards, and an assist in just 15 minutes. He shot 5 of 7 including 2 of 3 from the arc. He also had a great dunk.

Clifford had 6 points, 5 boards, and a block as the other leader off the bench.

We are now 3-0. Our next game is at home against Albany. That is another game that we should easily win. I'll play that later today.

Early Development Update:

Graves, Waters, and Clifford have all gained a point overall already. Graves is now a 79, Waters a 73, and Clifford is a 69.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote