View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 03:37 AM   #125
Radii
Head Coach

FA Trophy 2nd Round Draw

Good draw for us again, we will host BS South side Salisbury. that match is on January 12th.

December 26th, 2012

Woking (15-5-4, 1st) @ Accrington(13-4-7, 5th)

A key road matchup. They are favored 4:5. We're 3-1 dogs. We went 0-1-1 against them last year. This is our first meeting this season.

Accrington is led in goals by Wes Fletcher, not fast, but pretty talented, he's put up 13 goals in 20 appearances.

Lineup today:

GK: Lynch
DEF: Nikolaou/Williams/Thomas/Ricketts
MC: O'Sullivan/Pulis
AM: Bennett/Ademola
ST: Harsanyi/Main

We open in a counter attacking strategy.

16': Ademola takes a corner, short to Williams. williams attempts to strike it far post, it hits a defender in the leg and ricochet's near post and in! 1-0

20': Great ball into the area by Pulis, its tackled away from Main, bennett picks it up on the left side of the area, shoots, just saved.

22': Harsanyi plays the ball to the left side of the area, Bennett is there. Its not easy, a very nice... stutter step? fake right/go left, left footed strike near post under the keeper. 2-0

25': Accrington with a cross, a header by... greulich, it hits the left post, hits Lynch as he's diving that way, and bounces in... credited with an Own Goal for lynch. 2-1

28': Ricketts with an awful awful pass into the center of the pitch in our own end. Its stolen by a striker who runs into the area and scores easily. 2-2

I've stayed in counter attacking mode all game btw.

32': Nice move to get a cross from Nikolaou to Main in the area, Main with a header but its just over.

36': A brilliant attack...errr it seemed it. Ademola runs down the right side, I thought he lifted a great cross, but he tried to shoot and it deflected funny, to Main, who headed the ball down for Harsanyi who put it in! 3-2

41': Thomas takes a free kick from midfield. He plays it low and hard into the penalty area. Harsanyi finds it in the crowd and redirects the ball with his head, the keeper stood no chance in hell. Goal! 4-2

HALF: One of the omre insane halves of soccer I've ever seen. Two of our goals come primarily due to unlucky deflections by the defense. One of their goals is pure bad luck with Lynch diving for a ball that hits the post, then him, then in... the other due to a terrible decision by Ricketts. Craziness here. In that half we took 11 shots/7 on target, they took 7 shots/3 on target.

60': Harsanyi with a pass to Ademola in the area, Ademola is on the right side, coudl score, but puts a shot wide, tough angle, good effort.

83': Anane in for Ricketts, Subotic for Main, just for tired guys.

89': Accrington with some nice possession, a through ball into the area leads to a goal, Lynch tried hard on that one to rush out for the ball but got beat. 4-3

4 minutes of stoppage time... goes by quickly, whew.

Accrington 3 : 4 Woking

The second half pretty much flew by, I stayed in counter mode the entire game until they cut the lead to 4-3, I dropped back to contain then to kill the clock.

Harsanyi really stepped it up today, 2 goals, an assist, 9.2 rating and man of the match. Main had an assist and an 8.0 rating up front. Other goals from Williams (7.5) and Bennett (7.5). Assists from Thomas (6.8) and Ademola (6.9).

That's a big road win against a playoff contender right there. And Harsanyi really got back into form with a great game today after a long stretch of league matches where he struggled.

Harsanyi now has 21 league goals after his performance today.

We are on a roll and are 5 points clear of 2nd right now, 10 points clear of 6th.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote