View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #46
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
What happens with surplus of money btw ? Just going into the pockets of the companies or even individuals ?
In an ideal world, wouldn´t the extra money be wired back to the funders ? (If they get double of what they need, everybody gets back 50% of what he paid)

I'm not sure what happens with the surplus, or if it's even fair to call it that. For example, if you are looking to raise $10,000 so that you can print 1000 copies of some card game you invented, and people donate $10 and in return get a copy of the game, just because 2000 people donate doesn't mean you just got an extra $10,000 of 'free' money, because you have to now print 2000 copies and give those extra 1000 people a copy of your game.

Now, for video games that are digital downloads or something, it's a bit different I imagine, as the costs associated with giving copies to those extra 1000 backers are not nearly the same as for the first 1000 backers. At that point I agree, I'd like to have a clearer picture of what happens with the money, although I'm assuming it just becomes profit in the same way it would if I bought the product commercially at a later time.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote