View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #453
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Oct 12, 2013 (morning)
International reports are in from yesterday, ST John Cofie played 23 mins in Ghana U20's 6-1 loss to Argentina, posting a 6.9 rating. DC Nigel Seidu was solid for DR Congo U20's 2-0 win over Congo U20's.
----

Our U18s hosted Eastleigh U18s in a 1 vs 2 matchup in Group 10 play. Chris Fergusion deflected Michael Madine's shot and put us in front 1-0 at 15'. Eastleigh's Mabena gets a red card at 18'. A perfectly place long freekick by Daly gives Branker a sliding goal in the box at 28'. Niall Smith buried a half volley at 32'. They got one back at 43' with a set piece header to cut the lead to 3-1. Troublesome injury in extra time before the half as Niall Smith has to come off. Robson banks a header in off the post at 50' on a nice feed from Goodall. A breakaway goal at 69' draws Eastleigh back within two (and prevents me from bringing on the youth keeper as a sub). We seemed to ease up a bit in the second half, although that wasn't my intention. Still, a nice win that keeps us atop the U18 group standings. Jamal Branker (8.1) is MOM. Niall Smith, who has been sparkling since joining the club, will miss 2-3 weeks for treatment of an elbow injury suffered when he took a heavy fall.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-10-2012 at 09:13 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote