View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #454
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Oct 12, 2013 (afternoon)
Blyth (4-3-4, 10th BSBN) at Barrow (7-2-2, 3rd BSBN)

Our first ever meeting with The Bluebirds, and we're heavy 13:2 underdogs on the road against the league leader in goals scored (26 in 11 matches, ST Adam Boyes has 8 of those to lead all players). We also have another match to play on Tuesday before the 3rd Qual. Round of the FA Cup a week from today. We'll start out 5-3-2 Defensive & hope to weather the storm that seems sure to come, maybe catch a break somewhere. Oh, we're also without leading scorer Cofie as he's still traveling back from his U20 international match.

GK: McDonald
D: Holden, Williamson, Antwi, Jones, Groves
MF: Whitaker, Hands, Ricketts
F:Mutero, Lobjoit
Available Subs: (Purvis, Bembo-Leta, Rickard, Slaughter, Dovey)

8' -- They miss a header off a corner, their 3rd shot in the opening minutes
9' -- Boyes misses an empty net with a long shot wide left
12' -- Free kick from the left channel turns into a goal from the right side of the box as Ricketts mistimed his jump (0-1)
25' -- Boyes spins & fires, that's why he's the leading scorer in the league (0-2). The whole "have Antwi man-mark him" thing isn't going too well.
38' -- They have a goal called back for being offside or else this would have gotten even worse.
44' -- Boyes just missed another one

Halftime: Ouch. Outshot 11-0, with only 33% of poss and only 54% passing. We're just getting our asses handed to us by a club that looks like they're at least two levels better than us. I tell 'em to sort it out and they looked surprisingly motivated

50' -- We finally get a shot, Mutero misses pretty badly with a header after a nice cross from Groves
60' -- Switch to Standard (from the Counter we opened the 2nd half with)
63' -- Sub Slaughter (for Hands, knocked & tiring), Sub Bembo-Leta (for Lobjoit 5.9)
74' - Sub Rickard for Groves (knocked, tiring)
78' - They get inside & score point blank, Barnes-Homer the goal with an assist to Boyes (0-3)
82' -- Andy Williamson gets us on the board with a nice reaction to a short corner from Slaughter (1-3)
84' -- Switch to Attacking (why not?)

Fulltime: Barrow 3 - Blyth 1
Egads that was rough. Outshot 21-5, just 40% of poss. Simply got outclassed.

McDonald 6.4
Holden 6.3, Williamson 7.8+1g, Antwi 6.1, Jones 5.7, Groves 6.3
Whitaker 6.7, Hands 6.6, Ricketts 5.5
Mutero 5.9, Lobjoit 5.8
Subs: Slaughter (63') 6.8+1a, Bembo-Leta(63') 6.9, Rickard (74') 6.5

Oct 12, 2013 (postmatch)
We slip to 11th place with the loss, a point back of 10th, a point ahead of 12th. Have to put it behind us & get ready for the next match.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-10-2012 at 10:25 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote