View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 12:34 PM   #471
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Nov 9, 2013 (afternoon)
Blyth (4-4-6, 13th BSBN) at Alfreton (12-2-1, 1st BSBN)

A 9:1 underdog on the road at the top team in the league. 4-4-2 Diamond Standard to open since we've fared so poorly of late in other formations. Yeah, this should go well.

GK: Dovey
D: Holden, Seidu, Williamson, Purvis
MF: Sawyer, Slaughter, Moke, Whitaker
F: Davies, Cofie
Available Subs: (A.Jones, Bembo-Leta, Lobjoit, Paratore, McDonald)

4' - Obafemi breaks free and hits a long shot to start what might be a long day (0-1)
29' - Moke makes a nice low cross out in front to Cofie ... SCORE ! (1-1) First goal given up by their GK Larkins in 645 minutes.
42' - Griffin's 10th goal of the season puts them back in front (1-2)

Haltime - Several players (Cofie, Seidu notably) seem like they're on the ragged edge of being out of control. I try to reassure the team that they just need to keep playing, this will work out.

58' - Nifty passing sets up an easy goal for Boyles but he's offside and we dodge a bullet.

60' - Sub Andrai Jones (for Seidu, tired)
63' - Freekick leads to an easy goal for a wide open Franks (1-3)
75' - Sub Lobjoit (for Sawyer, tired), Sub Paratore (for Moke, tired)
Switch to Attacking (why not?)
79' - Andrai Jones gets his first league goal for Blyth, set up by a nice low corner entry pass from Whitaker (2-3)
83' - Paratore feeds Cofie on the right wing, his mid-range shot sails wide left
Switch to Overload
85' - Long throw-in by Slaughter, to Jones in the box ... he's trampled by Brister and it's a penalty ... Whitaker takes ... and makes ! (3-3)
Switch to Counter

Fulltime: Blyth 3 - Alfreton 3
I'm happy with what I saw out there and the teams is delighted by my reaction. Jones with a 7.9, Whitaker with a 7.1

Nov 9, 2013 (postmatch)
Purvis has a badly stubbed toe after a collision with Griffin. We'll let the physical therapist deal with it over the next two weeks rather than go with injections to get him through the next match.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-22-2014 at 12:35 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote