View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 08:00 PM   #242
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
I was starting to wonder if there were any others still down in the dungeon when I entered the next room and spotted a beastman with wings that was starting to rage with the chaos within him. I have heard tales of the beastmen and their exploits. They are strong warriors but lack the impulse control of more established fighters. This allows for terribly agressive combat and unknown consequences. I quickly realized that there was no opportunity to do anything but join in on the attached against 2 floating puffball fungii.

One starts floating my way and I ready myself with a sound stance and swing my guisarme for a direct hit. The fungus immediately drops and doesn't move. I pear over to the beastman who is taking on the 2nd fungus and he seemes to have recovered from a wild swing and took another. After a 2nd and 3rd miss the warrior is even more mad and takes a huge swing at the floating ball. The puffball is dead instantly as the beastman composes himself.

The 2 fighters keep their distance... the beastman shifting constantly so as to keep his fellow warrior uneasy and the Sis-Sharr not allowing any show of emotion. After a short discussion their is agreement that the creatures seen in this early level of the dungeon have been very strong and that must mean even worse creatures as we venture in further. With 2 fighters, one a chaotic whirlwind of a fighter and the other and unknown evil lizard, we stand a better chance to overtake anything we stumble across.

The Kensai warrior, Tisnal, states that if we proceed to Galron's right we will enter a room that leads next to the darker brick that signifies the next level. Knowing the nature of the beastmen, Tisnal is uncertain as to whether his words will go wasted on the chaotic mind of the fellow warrior. Either way I know that we are closer to defeating the dungeon as we move along.

Nice write-up, this should be fun.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote