View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 04:17 PM   #111
BYU 14
Coordinator

Just picked up the Strato-Matic windows game at the companies cyber Monday sale. It has been years since I played the board game, but I was quickly reminded of why I used to love this game so much.

Seeing the cards on the computer screen as the dice tumble brought back all those good memories.

Started a Yankees season replay with the 2014 cards to enjoy Jeters last season and opened up against the Astros.

Won the opener, then in game 2 of the series George F'n Springer, whose card is harmless against righties, unless you roll in column 2, singlehandedly crushes me. I roll a 2 with the white die his first three at bats and all three leave the yard as he finishes 4 for 4 with 6 RBI on the day in an 8-2 loss.

I roll out Hiroki Kuroda in the finale and he pitches (rolls) masterfully going 8 innings, giving up 2 hits and fanning 10 (including Springer twice) as we get the 1-0 victory on a Mark Teixeira HR. The Yanks only manage 2 hits as well, but one was enough.

Actually thinking about getting the board game again now, can't believe I have gone so long without playing, still as fun as ever.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote