View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 09:24 PM   #122
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite73 View Post
After 20 years of playing FPS FBPro98, this game still surprises the hell out of me at times. Playing a solitaire league where the NFL and AFL merges in 1968 instead of 1970 (I did a dispersal draft so players may not be playing on the actual teams they did in real life). The 1968 New York Jets are playing the 1968 Miami Dolphins in Miami. Jets are down 26-20 late in the 4th. The Jets start on their own 22 yard line.

After being sacked by DE3 Ike Lassiter for a 7 yard loss on 1st down, QB Joe Namath goes 8/10 for 79 yards on the final drive to miraculously get the Jets down to Miami's 1 yard line with 30 second left in the game. Now the weather has been rainy and horrible all game, so the two teams combined have fumbled the ball 8 times prior to the final drive.

QB Namath takes the snap and hands the ball off to HB1 Sammy Price. G1 Blaine Nye seals DT2 Rex Mirich while TE2 Carmine Wray pancakes stud DE1 Doug Atkins to create a huge hole on the left side of the line. Walk in touchdown, right? Right as HB Price waltzes into the end zone for the game tying and potentially game winning touchdown after the XP, LB2 Jim Flanigan fills the hole and lays a big lick on HB Price, jarring the ball loose into the end zone! There is a scrum in the endzone with DT1 Jimmy Jordan falling on the ball for a touchback.

Game over! Miami wins 26-20, Crushing for the Jets.

In my 20 years of playing this game, I do not think I have ever seen an ending like that. Amazing ending and this game is still the best graphical PC football simulator on the market.

Love that you're still getting use out of this game after those years. Absolutely one of my favorites.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote