View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 01:57 PM   #395
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I think we're good to discuss away - my initial thought is I think there's definitely a recency bias with the way OOTP imports players, and I know the star ratings in EF's posts aren't the be all and end all (and because everyone is good, it's a little skewed) but still, feels like there are a lot of absolute all-timers who haven't graded out as well as borderline HOF guys from the modern era. Cobb and Cy Young are obvious ones, but you look at the fact that Johnny Bench is the second lowest rated catcher in the game when everyone had a starter, it's definitely a bit hit or miss.

As it affected strategy for my drafting, it became pretty obvious to me about halfway through that I just needed to load up on newer guys with decent power numbers, and ironically most of my guys drafted after the 7th round graded out higher than the guys I picked early. Shurg. Definitely adapting to it was a lot of the fun and I'm really interested to see the rosters and how players actually grade out in game... thanks for doing this EF!

Well said! I agree

1945 Hal Newhouser 1.81 ERA, 2.45 FIP and 11.3 WAR porting in badly is what changed my philosophy. In todays MLB world strikeouts, home runs, and defense is what matters.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote