Hall Of Famer

Expanded Rules and Role Information

Daily Schedule

The deadline schedule will be as follows:

Day One (Tuesday, 7 p.m. EST)
Day Two (Wednesday, 10 p.m. EST)
Day Three (Thursday, 10 p.m. EST)
Day Four (Friday, 10 p.m. EST)
Day Five (Sunday, 3 p.m. EST--tentative)
Day Six (Monday, 7 p.m. EST)

Further scheduling beyond Day Six will be announced as we go forward and if necessary.

All actions and voting for the day are due by that day's deadlines. This is a hard deadline. No votes or actions received after the deadline, as it is shown in the forum time stamps, will count for that day. They will count for the following day if allowed to stand.

There may be occasion when I will hit traffic on the way home and not be at the computer at deadline. If this happens, the deadline is still in effect, and I will carry out the deadline when I am able.

Standard Rules

All of the usual rules of WW apply. There are no direct quoting of PMs except where I myself have allowed it or posted it. No editing of posts is allowed in this thread except by me, or by Barkeep, and only in his role as the forum moderator. Unless expressly given the ability to do so, no one may communicate with anyone else in the game about this game outside of this thread. No one is allowed to post in this red color, which will be reserved solely for use by the GM.

Votes will be made in bold and at the end of posts like this:

VOTE PLAYER X

In order to vote for a new player, you must unvote any previous vote for that day.

All players must vote every day. Please see the Baseball Game Actions section for the consequecne of not voting. "No lynch" votes are not allowed. Votes must be for players still active in the game. In the case of a tie, the lynch candidate will be the one who received the first vote that day, regardless of whether that first voter still holds to that vote.

If you are voted out, you are allowed one "in-character" post to react/say goodbyes. You may continue to read and post in the thread, but you are no longer a part of the game as a playing member, so please respect your "death" within the game.

Actions are to be PM'd to me. Conditional actions are allowed within reason. If you have any questions as to what is or is not allowed, you may PM me.

Some antagonism is to be expected in contentious games like WW, but please keep personal attacks out of this thread.

Most day times I am unavailable here at the forum. If it is a critical question that cannot wait, I can be reached at [email protected]. I would ask I only be contacted there, though, if the answer to the question would be one that could have significant impact on the day's proceedings.

Victory Conditions and the Two Games

There are two games running concurrently in this thread. There is the common WW game. And the game within the game, the daily baseball game. There are actions related to both, and not all players will be given the ability to affect both games.

For villagers, a major victory is achieved if all wolves have been exposed AND the Indians win the division. A minor victory is achieved if the wolves have been exposed, but a pennant was not won.

For the wolves, a major victory is achieved if the wolves drop the villager numbers to an even ratio with the wolves. This automatically loses the pennant for the Indians. A minor victory is achieved if the Indians do not win the pennant, even if the wolves are exposed before reaching their major victory.

Here is the order of actions at the deadline.

1. The day's "lynch" will be carried out, and any actions attached to it.
2. Non-baseball game actions from remaining players will be enacted, with results.
3. Baseball game actions from remaining players will be enacted, with results.
4. The baseball game results will be calculated and announced, followed shortly by any remaining PMs.

For most players, steps 2 thru 4 will be just one final action post following the lynch post.

Baseball Game Actions

Every baseball player will get three "step it up" actions for the entire game. This is an action where your on field character will step up his game for that night and perhaps help the team win the game. Only one player's action will be chosen every night. If you choose to use one of your three actions and it is not used, you still lose it, so use them wisely. When you are out of these actions, you will no longer be able to affect the outcome of the nightly game any more than any other player. Some baseball players will be more able than others to affect the outcome of the nightly baseball game. The best player's action will be considered before those of lesser talent.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Any player who does not vote in the daily lynch will lose one of his three baseball game actions.

Not everyone will be a character from the movies, although everyone will have a name. Roles and allegiance are not related to the character names. The only characters that are absolutely allied one way are Rachel Phelps and Charlie Donovan, the owner and GM, and they will be wolves.

Some or all of the players listed in the roster in Post #1 could be in the game. The wolves will know which ones are in the game, and so will be able to assume absent character identities, so as to not limit the potential pool of wolves based on name.

WW Roles

Whereas the baseball game roles and abilities are spelled out, the WW role abilities will largely be hidden, except for what follows here. These roles will be handed out at random, and can end on any player in the game.

BODYGUARD: This is the traditional bodyguard role. This character will be able to protect himself or another character of his choice from the wolves' actions.

SEER: This is the traditional seer role. This character will be able to investigate one player every day to determine his true identity and allegiance.

SCOUT: This is a nontraditional seer role. There is an in-game talent ranking for all players in the game which will determine how they can affect the nightly baseball game. The scout can investigate one player per day and will be told where in this ranking that player's character lies, be it first, second, third, last, etc. This ranking will remain static regardless of whether the players in are still alive. So if the fourth ranked talent is the top remaining talent in the game, the scout will still nonetheless be told that player has the ranking of fourth. The scout will NOT be told the player's in-game identity or allegiance. Wolves will also have talent rankings.

DUKE: This is the traditional duke role. This player, who is particularly well-liked in the clubhouse, will have the option to stop the "lynch" of any player once in the game, including his own. There will be no lynch that day when this happens.

Everyone will receive two PMs, one with their real names, roles and other instructions. The other will be a generic PM of instructions that is being sent to all players. In many cases, the first post will contradict what is sent in the second. The first post will always take precedence with respect to abilities and instructions. The generic post will only cover those areas not already addressed in the first post.

GAME START

The game will begin when the generic PMs have been sent out, and a post announcing the game has been posted in this thread. Final PMs are currently being written and sent out.

GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE!

Last edited by Chief Rum : 08-05-2007 at 09:35 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote