View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 09:14 PM   #119
Autumn
Head Coach

Week 11 at Kansas City

The Cowboys are at the bottom of our division, so hopefully we won't have a close one like last week. With Greer on the sidelines though I'm a bit worried about our D.

A fumble returned for a touchdown puts us immediately into the hole. I don't like that. They follow it by holding us on D, including stopping two long passes to Bratton, and then turn around and make a 47 yard play themselves. We stop them there. Then Nichols shows he's not about to get frustrated, with completed passes of 26 yards, 19, 22, 11 and then it's a 3 yard touchdown run.

He comes right back and does it next drive, putting us up 14-7. The next drive features a fair amount of running, but it has the same result, touchdown. They make a bad face mask to end up giving us good position as the half winds down, and we kick one for a 24-7 lead at the half.

Nichols starts out the second half on a mission, driving us down the field and then Hiscock tops it off with a 10yard touchdown run. It appears they won't be able to do much, so desperate to pass are they. However they do make a big play, intercepting Nichols in the endzone. They can't take advantage of it though, their drive stalling and now they're resorting to long passes every play while we just run it out.

We move to 10-0, their only points in this game coming from a fumble return. Nichols was 29/39 for 302 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. Austin was the receiving star, stepping up for the injured Fulton, hauling in 8 passes for 112 yards. Hiscock only managed 88 yards but scored 3 TDs on the ground.

Omaha Tornadoes 34, Kansas City Cowboys 7

10-0
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote