View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 10:35 AM   #2754
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I enjoyed it as everything seems to be progressing. This was clearly a "connector" episode, but still interesting to watch and I couldn't believe it had been an hour when it ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I do wonder why it was necessary to go back in time for Bran to use younger Hodor as a conduit to take over older Hodor. Was it because if he took over Hodor in the current era, he would have been too freaked out to do what he did - the conduit allowing for a barrier? Because he sacrifices Hodor's life to save his own - maybe he didn't fully realize that when using younger Hodor as a conduit, which is why the greenseer puts them in the past.
I thought it was that Bran was trapped in the past. In prior versions, Max Von Sydow (I don't remember his show name) had to end the session for them to go back to the tree. My novice take on all this was that Max sensed the walkers coming and didn't end the session to focus on protecting the tree. So, in essence, Bran was trapped. He heard Max yell to him to come back at the last minute and thought to use Hodor through the past to protect everyone. I'm spit-balling, but it made sense to me at the time.

Last edited by Arles : 05-23-2016 at 10:37 AM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote