View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 02:37 PM   #12
finkellll
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvarino View Post
Are there any tips you would a complete newcomer to the game apart from reading as much as possible in the forums?

Read the offensive philosophy and defensive philosophy in the help docs (you can also find a copy online if you search "fof8 offensive philosophy")

As far as drafting is concerned:

Pay attention to player weights. There is debate on how much the incorrect weight hurts players, but when you are drafting the guys who are exactly on the ideal weight they are less likely to die in training camp. I generally try to be within 5lbs of ideal weight, 10 lbs+ and I'm going to change them to a different position.

Easiest way to get better at drafting is to sort by grade, not adjusted grade. You get a much clearer picture of the actual talent level, and not the game's opinion of which position you should draft in which round.

When you are drafting for a specific position and you are only using the in game draft screen, don't be afraid to go down quite a ways to select a player. I generally have a 0.5 grade range when choosing players (for ex: if the highest grade in a position is 5.2, I'll look at everyone grades 4.7-5.2) you generally aren't reaching until their grade is a full point lower within the position (also just my opinion)

Also, your coaches need a good interviewing bar. It affects the width of the blue bars during the draft.
finkellll is offline   Reply With Quote