View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 10:03 AM   #15
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Now, the easy interpretation for this, the one I was anticipating, was more or less (my paraphrasing here): "I'm strong enough with the combines and other things that I find the scout's view to be less useful than you little people do, so I might as well stock up on staff who are good at other stuff like playcalling and whatnot." And I would have completely understood and appreciated that.

But...what I think I heard from MP instead, was closer to (again my paraphrasing): "With terrible-rated scouting from my staff, I actually gain some scouting insight into the players, so that works our for me."
The way I heard it, was closer to the first one, fwiw. And then, not quite in that context, but more like: it takes too much time for too little gained to take a look at the bars and decipher whether my staff/scout is good or bad at scouting, the numbers (combine scores, bar profiles) I have are enough to not really care about how reliable the staff/scout is. As a result not doing interviews either.

There's one person out there (MP himself) who can clear it all up though.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote