View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #37
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
It's also been airing on MTV lately.

Ah, couldn't have told you that (and it didn't show up in my scheduling searches, guess the run has ended). Totally different audiences though, not much crossover between MTV & the other two (which are actually fairly distinct audiences from each other as well). That really explains the multiple airings pretty much.

Quote:
Cops Reloaded (remixes of original episodes) airs on CMTV. In three or four-hour blocks. [/i]

Again, a search failure on my part, I'll have to own up to that. Similar situation to the other though, completely different demographics (young males vs older rural adults).

Quote:
Then the cable/satellite companies simply have to play hardball with those content providers that are charging unreasonable rates.

What's "reasonable" though? It's whatever the market will bear basically, and the market is still bearing it pretty well. Take Time-Warner Cable's last quarterly report for example
Quote:
Time Warner Cable has been cutting promotions and discounts as part of a plan to emphasize profit over subscriber growth. The company added just 8,000 residential high-speed Internet subscribers, its lowest quarterly total in at least six years .... Time Warner Cable lost more video customers than projected last quarter, with 191,000 subscribers leaving the company. Analysts had projected a drop of 164,000. Sales rose 2.7 percent to $5.55 billion

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-26-2013 at 02:42 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote