View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 11:41 PM   #19951
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
That's honestly what always scares me away Even $40 sounds reasonable compared to some of the places I've casually looked at (and $25 pre-covid sounds like an insane deal).

Those deals have been a thing around at least the suburbs here for a bit now apparently (largely unknown to me until recently). There's several under $50 options around even now, and several have been heavy users of Groupon with half-priced offers (though that's a mixed bag based on reviews, lot of hidden costs on some of those deals).

Could I have eaten $40 worth of food tonight on quantity alone? Easily.

Instead I opted to stay within comfortable limits of fullness and let the quality made up for it. The best explanation I've got for the taste tonight was that it was beef that tasted like it did when I was a kid 40+ years ago, most notably on the delicious nature of the fat on the edges.

At $25 pre-covid, this place would have been simply nuts for value.

The other $25 one I knew of (the one I originally intended to try) was kind of lacking in service/attitude (think Chinese-buffet-where-youre-treated-like-a-villain-for-coming-in) but did business on quantity if not quality.