View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 10:00 AM   #19958
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I have always wanted to go to one of those Brazilian style steakhouses, but it has yet to happen.

To me, the best time to go on a budget is during your city's restaurant week/month. They usually take a few of the cuts out of the rotation but it saves you some bucks.

Typically my birthday is in August. Typically, Houston Restaurant Week is in August. Do the math as to where I like to celebrate the "Feast of my Birth!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Those deals have been a thing around at least the suburbs here for a bit now apparently (largely unknown to me until recently). There's several under $50 options around even now, and several have been heavy users of Groupon with half-priced offers (though that's a mixed bag based on reviews, lot of hidden costs on some of those deals).

Quote:
Could I have eaten $40 worth of food tonight on quantity alone? Easily.

Instead I opted to stay within comfortable limits of fullness and let the quality made up for it. The best explanation I've got for the taste tonight was that it was beef that tasted like it did when I was a kid 40+ years ago, most notably on the delicious nature of the fat on the edges.

I don't understand. Why not

The other thing I love to do at a Brazilian BBQ is just eat slow. We will sometimes spend 2 hours there and just savor every bite.

Since it's too expensive to go regularly, I love making the most of it.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote