View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 06:48 AM   #19986
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I think Bezos is also obsessed with monopolizing markets/paranoid other people will try & do it to him since it's how he views supply chains.

The delivery system is also sketchy - they are trying to set it up all as independent contractors instead of under Amazon. I don't know how much of this is tied to not wanting to pay health care/401k's etc to more people & how much is tied to them wanting to be able to scale up or down depending on time of year, but they're only investing long term in the vans not the whole business arm so far.

My FIL had a (very small) trucking and logistics company before retiring a few years ago. Due to some health concerns the wife and I get his mail and handle his past business affairs. Including several trade pub mags. I am always interested in any business I know nothing about. Anyway a popular article in these mags is how Amazon is avoiding DOT costs and insurance costs by their model. I havent spent the time to better understand their argument, but Ive probably read a dozen columns bemoaning the fact.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote