View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 10:56 PM   #1272
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBills59 View Post
I'm not going to go through the whole forum to see if it was posted before on the forum or not. I don't have time for that. Hell I have so little time I have to force myself to have a hobby. I was posting it in case people weren't aware.

As far as your graph goes, anyone can find a graph on the Internet and post it. That does't mean it's true. Don't get upset, I'm not saying it is or isn't, but just posting a graph doesn't mean anything.

I'm certainly not upset, but I am not exactly going to give you any credit for immediately tossing aside contrary data while claiming to be some kind of truthsayer realist who's too busy to consider a graph. That graph doesn't exist in some internet vacuum where it can't be checked in less than a minute, I know because I did so before posting it. By all means, have at it if you don't trust me. Here's a few more, a couple with their sources explicitly listed for your convenience:

For whatever it's worth to you, I've spent the last few years in both my 'real' & internet lives, repeating the fact that violence and crime are at a relative low whenever I feel it's appropriate and as an occasional counter to some of the cultural fear-mongering that threatens my sanity, which seems like is very much like your intent, and I want to acknowledge I definitely agree with you in that regard, but that aside I don't think you can use those facts to dismiss the very real rise in mass shootings. That's misinformation, not news.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 05-09-2019 at 11:23 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote