View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #151
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
By the way, I'd rather not specify who I examine day by day to minimize the risk of someone becoming infected after they have been publicly cleared. You may rest assured I will share any infection information that I receive.

I understand the thought process, but I believe there is a little more in the way of protection this game against conversion than most:

1.) Public role - even a cleared guy may not be an optimal target when factoring in the cleared role
2.) Protect abilities - two players with protect options + Slayer role (may or may not be in game, believe it was in last two)
3.) Assignment of phasers
4.) Use of the "stay awake" option

Just throwing these out there as reasons that it may make sense to publicly "clear" people. Also, there are safeguards against you in terms of the Empathic role (believe it was in each of last two) and Absolute Trust (can validate/refute your claims if they are wrong). I'm guessing there are others that I'm missing as I'm tying this up, but I figured that this was at the very least food for thought.

In the end, you get to make the decision you think is best. But since you threw it out for discussion I had some feedback.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote