View Single Post
Old 10-31-2023, 10:41 AM   #43
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Trying to make sense of this Harden trade. Basically just picks and a lot of salary fodder?

Unlike Ben Simmons, James Harden was definitely going to blow that entire situation up if he was not traded. As long as Harden was away from the team, Morey could wait for the best deal. Once Harden is willing to sit on the bench and remind everyone of how dysfunctional the team is, Morey has to get him out of there ASAP. Morey now has to turn the salary fodder into an actual team built around Embiid and that Maxey maintains his early season form for the entire season.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote