View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 07:49 PM   #810
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Since there's more interesting in RR1 right now, I thought I'd share this preview of coming attractions.

The Reaping

The long-awaited retirement to trainer duty of Anil Mehul is now just a matter of time. According to my calculations, he will be ready sometime between Paris and the World Tour Finals this year. I can confidently say that he'll get one more training in but not two, so his final trainer score looks like it will be 5.442.

At that point, I'm going to seriously skew the level of available talent in the game world. I've been saving up as many create player credits as I can for some time now: that's why I took somewhat disappointing players Chiba and Kasaravalli without trying again. I'm going to save up more by then by extending my VIP time to cover the entirety of my next player's career. Ritwik Dudwadkar will also be fired at the same time. The goal is take one final, best shot at getting a truly great player.

Mehul and Mooljee are tied for 7th in Slams, Mehul is 9th in prize money, Mooljee 8th in weeks at #1, but I've never had a really dominant player in the record books. Part of that is just timing. I think Dudwadkar was better than Mooljee, but he's been stuck in the era of Kaspar. Mehul battled against Antonin Iglar and was second-best almost the whole time. Mooljee, fitting in between, had three years at the top and may well have had a couple more if it wasn't for the rise of a dominant Kaspar. In any case, I'm hoping that with a number of shots at it I can create a player who is at least as good as my other best ones with better training to make them reach new heights; hopefully even with more potential than that, perhaps between there and a freak of nature like Kaspar or Gorritepe.

By firing Dudwadkar and moving Mehul to trainer at the same time, I'll create two open slots. By keeping one for the best player I get, I'll be able to ensure I don't actually cast off the wrong kid. Anybody who is interested in a new player around the end of this year should have some decent Sri Lanka options, with the con side of things being they'll still have to compete with whoever I end up keeping .
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote