View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 09:01 PM   #847
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

It is Time

The Reaping will commence at a little past 3 AM EST tomorrow morning, in just a few hours from now. For better or worse, hopefully the former, the final chapter in this story will begin then. I'll be flooding the field with several cast-offs, but that can't be helped; there's no predicting whether it's good timing or not with the quality of other players in that class anyway.

The reason I've waited until now is to optimize the ages of my players, as best I can. The three I have now were all created on the last week of the year and their birthdays come at the 25th, 30th, and 32nd week of the calendar. So basically just past the halfway point. I'd like my players to be a little bit later than that, so that they are younger than their fellow juniors. That'll make them a little weaker, all things being equal, and allow them to lose more and learn more from their peers. By waiting until week 12, they'll hit their birthdays around week 39-40 if these trends hold. Additionally of course, this gives a few more months as seniors to push their way up before reaching peak. That also gives some leeway if I get a prodigy who ends up a bit younger than that. It's sort of a calculated risk in terms of when the best time is, but this is where I came down on that.

I'll post with the results of my creations as soon as I've finished with the process and evaluated them.

SuperTrainer Testing

I've also got some results of this. Long story boring is that it appears each 0.1 of trainer rating is worth 1% in increased training efficiency. Mehul(low-5.5) is getting about 9% or a bit above improvement over Manohar(high-4.5). That means about 1.5% or so better than the existing 5.3 supertrainers I've seen around. Which isn't that much, but every tiny bit helps when you're talking about improving the peak. And the gain I'll get over Manohar's performance these past year, which already has made a difference, will be a fairly significant.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 08-13-2018 at 09:04 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote