View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 09:08 AM   #630
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Colangelo story is nuts. Great job by the reporters involved. Very thorough. The three accounts going private, plus the incident with the "blinding" uniforms of the Delaware (?) team on the one night Colangelo just happened to be at their game, means it could not be anyone but him or someone privy to a lot of sensitive info who travels with him and that he was well aware was doing it. I suppose his wife might fit that bill.

Reminds me so much of something I personally uncovered back in 2011. It was a much smaller scale obviously than the NBA, but the University of New Orleans' Sports Information Director was on our fan message board under an alias posting insults to fans and even student athletes and athletes' parents. Then, he disappeared and started doing the same thing under a different name. Had his own made-up backstory and everything. Being the board moderator and also having received e-mails from him, I pieced together that they were all coming from the same IP address. Same thing, as soon as I made it public through the team's former announcer, he started frantically deleting all of his offensive posts (though I made sure to have copies of the worst ones).

Upshot of it, though, is that it got swept under the rug with nothing more than a reprimand and he stayed employed for a couple of years after. So there's hope, Bryan Colangelo! Even though there really is no way he should survive this.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote