View Single Post
Old 09-04-2022, 06:23 PM   #644
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
I had Dish for 20+ years and it was always a good value for me if I could keep it under $100/month. As prices crept up and their goddamn ridiculous "equipment rental fees" got bigger as well, it became a struggle. I called them 2 years ago when the bill was going to go to $160+ for everything I already subscribed to plus equipment and told them I was going to cancel if they couldn't bring the price down. The offered me an upgrade on all my equipment (new hopper, joeys, etc.) plus all my usual programming for $100 even. I signed on for 2 more years and this summer the bill was going up again, this time to $180. I called and told them we needed to work something out again because I wasn't going to pay nearly $200 for what they offer to new subscribers at half of that. The CustServ person wasn't moved and I asked them what 20+ years of loyalty was worth to them. Dude said, "I don't know, what's it worth to you?". So I cancelled immediately and never gave it a second thought. YTTV is plenty good for me and the price is right.

On Friday Dish called me and asked if I was interested in re-subscribing with them for a very special price. I told them I'd consider it if they gave me the set up I had before for $64.99, same as YT. "The lowest we can go is our basic package..."

I hung up.

I also had DISH for years and it was a good value. Same as you, less that a $100 and IIRC that included HBO. Over the years a tree grew enough it blocked the signal. I called told them how long I'd been with them and was happy with the product. I noted that their policy was if I moved they would do a free installation (one time only). I told them I'd either have to cancel or they could move my Dish to another location where it could get reception and, if they did that, it could be my "one time moving free install". Nope, they couldn't do it. I cancelled and moved onto Playstation Vue which had been out less than a year.

A month later they are sending me offers and called once. The offer was a $400 gift card and the same cost (IMHO still a good value). So I said 'you are going to give me $400 now but couldn't move the dish a month ago?"
No thanks, PS-vue is doing fine.

PS-Vue just coming out should tell you how long ago that was. I still get an offer from Dish at least every other month.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote