View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 09:52 AM   #13
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Fixture, Week 1: Supra Supreme - Houston Hippopotami

Series Schedule

Here's the spreadsheet dump of our schedule for the season. As you can see, the walkovers are in weeks 3, 4, 11, and 12. Our schedule just does not set up nicely but maybe I can take some advantage of it.

Here's the best case scenario:
  • If I can beat Selma at home with the injury in week 2, that sets me up to build up team spirit to beat T Hills FC at home.
  • Then I PIC Wahoos on the road and get lucky enough to sweep the Bridgemen. Heck, a good, quasi-realistic 4 game stretch with the Wahoos and Bridgemen would be L/W/D/D.
  • T Hills FC might be up for a MotS on the road followed by a pair of PICs.
  • A PIC on the road against Selma sets up a game against Supra with 2nd thru 4th place implications.
  • Realistic best case: L/W/W/W/W/L/W D/D/W/W/W/L/W. 30 points which is probably good for 2nd or 3rd. Someone is going to walk away with a 33 or 36 point season since there are 42 on the board, 12 are guaranteed, and there's a lot of team spirit help out there.
  • Realistic worst case: L/L/W/W/D/L/W L/L/L/W/W/L/L. That would only net 16 points and either 5th or 6th place.
Supra Supreme
Houston Hippopotami
Houston Hippopotami Selma Sumorats
O.G. Kickers Houston Hippopotami
amblerabsbestos Houston Hippopotami
Houston Hippopotami T Hills FC
Wahoos Houston Hippopotami
Houston Hippopotami Bridgemen
Bridgemen Houston Hippopotami
Houston Hippopotami Wahoos
T Hills FC Houston Hippopotami
Houston Hippopotami amblerabsbestos
Houston Hippopotami O.G. Kickers
Selma Sumorats Houston Hippopotami
Houston Hippopotami Supra Supreme

Fixture Preview

I'm 1-3 in my career against Supra and that's on good days. With starting keeper Bati Ozkutay out and this being on the road, this game is, unfortunately, a PIC special. We're going to get mauled, but hopefully we can eke out a goal so the "smart" fans aren't chucking themselves off the roof. A best case scenario would be something like a 5-1 loss.

Kits (IE)

Supreme 8 – 0 Hippopotami (217931275) (IE)

2-2-2009 01.00
Clear skies welcomed the 59064 spectators who had made their way to Pro Player Stadium. Supreme decided to use a 3-5-2 set up. Lineup: Debbouze - Bergeon, Boavista, Cedrés - Azevedo, Batzel, Fischer, Culver, Woudenberg - Zauder, Hove.

Hippopotami tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Milam - Delcarte, Huenul, Cyburt - Partridge, Marsh, Thacker, Quijada, Regúlez - Tetlie, Angulo.

Hippopotami took a creative approach on the field. The home side put themselves ahead 1 - 0 after 9 minutes courtesy of a breakthrough from Dário Boavista, who, unaided, came in from the right wing hooking the ball over the visitors' keeper. After 28 minutes, João Luís Azevedo put Supreme ahead 2 - 0 when he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. Supreme added another goal to their lead as Zvonimir Zauder struck home the 3 - 0 goal after an attack from the left set him up unmarked in front of the keeper. Supreme's Zvonimir Zauder was delighted to score the 4 - 0 goal after he saw his shot go between the legs of the advancing goalkeeper and into the net, following some good attacking movement on the right wing after 31 minutes. Confident in their lead, Supreme decided to play a more defensive game at this point. Anker Hove had a fantastic opportunity to put Supreme up another goal 32 minutes into the match, but he fired just over the crossbar. It was 4 - 0 at the break. Supreme enjoyed most of the ball, as they maintained 59 percent of possession.

Against a lesser team, Supreme could very well have succeeded with their smart indirect free kick combination after 60 minutes. A trio of passes took the ball all the way past the defenders, but by then the intended recipient was already blocked off and the keeper could make a leisurely save. Hippopotami's Charlie Partridge got himself booked for a foul. Supreme solidified their lead at the 66 minute mark, as Hans-Toni Batzel manoeuvered the ball through the opposing central defence and finished for 5 - 0. With 68 minutes played, Supreme put themselves up 6 - 0 when the visiting defenders lost the ball to Joshua Fischer, who came up from the left and proceeded to coolly round the keeper and knock the ball home. A magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Supreme's Anker Hove putting the lead up to 7 - 0. 84 minutes into the match, the visitors' central line of defence had to look on as João Luís Azevedo dashed through, knocking home 8 - 0 for Supreme. Many in the crowd felt the referee was being too lenient when he only showed Supreme's Charles Bergeon a yellow card after a mistimed challenge from behind in the 85:th minute. The forty-five minutes were dominated by Supreme, with an impressive 60 percent possession of the ball.

Supreme's best player was Joshua Fischer. Joel Cedrés was a disappointment, however. Most important Hippopotami player was Tor Tetlie. However, Tomas Milam made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 8 - 0.

Rating details

Supra Supreme Houston Hippopotami
Midfield outstanding (low) solid (low)
Right Defence formidable (high) passable (very high)
Central Defence formidable (very low) passable (very low)
Left Defence excellent (high) wretched (very high)
Right Attack inadequate (high) weak (very low)
Central Attack solid (high) excellent (low)
Left Attack passable (high) solid (high)
Indirect set pieces
Defence solid (high) inadequate (very high)
Attack passable (high) solid (very low)
Team Attitude (Hidden) Play it Cool
Tactic Normal Play creatively
Tactic skill (no tactic) -

Highlights (FF)

1 - 0 Dário Boavista 9'
2 - 0 João Luís Azevedo 28'
3 - 0 Zvonimir Zauder 28'
4 - 0 Zvonimir Zauder 31'
5 - 0 Hans-Toni Batzel 66'
6 - 0 Joshua Fischer 68'
7 - 0 Anker Hove 79'
8 - 0 João Luís Azevedo 84'
Charlie Partridge 65'
Charles Bergeon 85'

Possession

59%

41%

60%

40%

Series Standings (IE)

Team
Pld W D L GF GA ± Pts
1. Wahoos
1 1 0 0 11 0 11 3
2. Supra Supreme
1 1 0 0 8 0 8 3
3. Selma Sumorats
1 1 0 0 6 1 5 3
4. T Hills FC
1 1 0 0 3 2 1 3
5. Bridgemen
1 0 0 1 2 3 -1 0
6. O.G. Kickers
1 0 0 1 1 6 -5 0
7. Houston Hippopotami 1 0 0 1 0 8 -8 0
8. amblerabsbestos
1 0 0 1 0 11 -11 0

Fixture Recap

Fans are going to be falling from the rooftops after an 8-0 loss. The "smart fans" are smart in name only, so I'll be shedding 6 or 7 each update this week, even if I win my cup game handily. It's kindof sad that I'm behind one of the dead teams. But we all know this is just one week. We'll get a good shot at Supra in week 14, depending on where we are all at in the standings. Next week we have Selma at home and then the pair of walkovers.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote