7 O.G. Kickers 7 0 1 3 1 18 0 0 3 1 16 -32 1

A Look Ahead

Likelypts891011121314
Supra16WO ogkat SelmaWO amblvs Bridgeat Wahoovs THillat Hippo
Hippo16at Brdgevs Wahooat THillWO amblWO ogkat Selmavs Supra
Selma 15WO amblvs Supraat Bridgevs Wahooat THillvs HippoWO ogk
THill12at WahooWO amblvs HippoWO ogkvs Selmaat Supravs Bridge
Wahoo13vs THillat HippoWO ogkat Selmavs Supraat BridgeWO ambl

Here's my best guess as to what happens. Walkovers (including Bridgement) are in blue, projected wins are in green and losses in red. Basically, I've gone with all home wins with the exception of myself winning at T Hills FC.

If that happens, the final standings will be as follows:
Hippo 34
Selma 33
Supra 28
Wahoo 28
THills 22

However, that's a near perfect scenario for us and lots can happen.

Five Teams
  • T Hills FC is just a half step below everyone else and has 2 road games. Good team spirit manipulation could put them in a serious spoiler role but I don't think he can win the series. They have just lost too many points so far.
  • The Wahoos have the bad luck of two of their three walkovers to end the season so they can't manipulate team spirit the way they need to. Still, they have shown the ability to surprise.
  • Supra leads but they have 3 tough road games. If he can steal two, he's in the driver's seat but that's a huge "if".
  • Selma has the inside track to win at the point. They are only 1 point back. Their only road game in the second half is at T Hills FC. He could run the table. Obviously, I hope he does not.
  • And, finally, the Hippos. I think we'll MotS at T Hills and that will give us a good chance to win, particularly as I'm still playing with really high team spirit. Then I can PIC the two walkovers and build it back up. If my walkovers were alternating games rather than bunched, I'd like my chances better.
Five Games
  • Week 10: Hippos @ THill - We need to win this road game to have a chance at the title.
  • Week 11: Wahoos @ Selma - Both will be coming off of walkovers, but Wahoos is a true one while Selma is at the Bridgemen. Wahoos have been able to steal a lot of points the last couple of seasons and this one just feels like one of those
  • Week 12: Supra @ Wahoos - Pretty evenly matched game, especially considering Supra will be coming off of 2 straight walkovers. If Supra wants to win the series, they probably need to steal this.
  • Week 12: Selma @ THill - If Selma wins the game against the Wahoos, this is their best chance for a loss in the second half. If they win those two games, they could run the table.
  • Week 14: Supra @ Hippos - One or both of these teams could be playing for first in the final week.
SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote