View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 04:30 PM   #202
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 14 - We put up a stinker but manage to win 9-3. Ed Gardener was Game Mvp with 100 yards on 8 catches. Witt had 93 yards. Clements was 22 of 29 for 218, 0:1. Lee had a sack and a half plus a recovered fumble. Backup S Burke had a pick.

OG Cloutier tore his calf muscle and is our, plus his stats dropped a bit. I IR him. I sign OG Edgar Broxon. OG Jerome Frederick is also out but I don‘t have enough $ for both to get replaced so I deactivate him. LB Ed Feely is doubtful and I deactivate him for a few weeks.

Week 15 - We lose to Miami 17-38, which was one of our home games, so that sucks double. Clements hit Paradis for a score and Witt had one on the ground. Wagner had 137 yards on 6 catches. S Eric Carlson had a pick. My C is knocked to questionable but I’ll start him.

Week 16 - In a must win game on the road, we manage to just beat the Seahawks 34-32. The Seahawks weren‘t even in playoff contention. Backup CB Martin Scales is Game MVP with a 39 yard pick and return for a score. Huntley and Carlson had picks as well. Torres had 2 sacks. DT Wilber recovered 2 fumbles. Clements hit Paradis and Gardener for scores. Witt had 78 yards on 30 carries, very underwhelming. Paradis had 157 yards on 9 catches, Gardener 134 yards on 7 grabs.

Oh, get this. They scored with 18 second left to be up 32-31. We managed to get the ball downfield either with a special teams effort or passing offense, and Olindo Mare kicked a 40 yard GW FG with 1 second left.

S Nicky Peterson is out with a dislocated knee, which damaged him as well. Junior Burke will be starting in his place.

We have won the 2nd slot in the playoffs, so I rest a few players that are injured.

Week 17 - We host our final game against the Bills and win 28-10. Leon Morabito was Game MVP with 1 56 yard pick returned and another pick. S Jenkins had a pick too. Witt had 94 yards plus a score. Clements was 19 of 29, 230, 0:0. Olindo had 5 Fgs.

We finish the season 11-5.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote