View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 10:41 PM   #226
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year: OT Marcus Severson. Sure, Witt had a great year, but he’s had them before for us. This guy opened up plenty of holes for Witt. Before he joined us, this 7th year veteran had started a bunch of years, and never came close to sniffing All-Pro, but on our team, he jelled and open up hole after hole.
Defensive Player of the Year: DT Ross Matthews - We took him with the intention that he become one of the best DTs in the game, then our scout switched and Ross’s evaluation dropped. However, it rose back the last couple of years and now sits comfortably in the 80s. Ross had grown, and his game has arrived. IF he can retain this level of play, I will be tickled pink.
Special Teams Player of the Year: WR Xavier Ornelas. Mare and Washington are good choices, but Ornelas has two returns for scores, led all qualifiers in KR average, and fumbled a lot less than his predecessors.
Rookie of the Year: DE Andrew Kadanoff - I love his energy. 9 sacks for the guy opposite Christian Torres makes me happy. 3 fumble recoveries and two returned for scores. He also led the D Line in tackles.
Heart Award: S Junior Burke - Not only the 6th round pick, but the third S taken by us two drafts ago. Yet, despite juts four starts, he managed to grab 4 picks, tied for 2nd most on our team. I love him from the backup position, because he can come in, damage people, and get picks.

Important Players with Contracts Going Up - FB Danny Garhardt, WR Matthew Webster,

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote