View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #237
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 9 - Our chance to come back is lost at home vs. the 49ers when we lose 21-24, but the 8-1 49ers handled us. Baker catches 2 TD passes, Wagner the other. Clements tossed a pick that was returned for a score and we allowed a PR TD. Either stopped and we win. Shepherd was held to 48 yards on 14 carries. Baker had 127 yards in addition to his 2 scores. Harris and Morabito each had picks. Torres had a double sack day.

RB Shepherd is questionable and I bench him.

Week 10 - We lose at home again, this time to the 7-2 Jets to go to 5-5. We cannot lose games at home, and have dropped 4 of our last five games. Clements hit Gardener and Bakerx2. One Baker TD was a 78 yard play. Baker finished with 116 yards. Harris had a pick.

Week 11 - BYE

RB Shepherd is back. S Westbrook is back.

Week 12 - We travel to Buffalo and defeat the Bills 21-16. Shepherd is Game MVP with 115 yard on 20 carries, Clements hit Ornelas twice and Schwartz for another score. S Carlson got a pick. Torres grabbed a trio of sacks. Wright had 4 KRB. LB Glenn will be back next week.

Week 13 - We defeat the Patriots at our place 20-13. Shepherd is Game MVP with a 21 yard scamper for a score, 223 yards on the day on 28 carries. Baker had 141 yards on 8 catches. Wagner caught a Clements toss. Kadanoff had another 2 sacks. Wells had 6 KRB while Severson added 4. Shepherd was NFL Offensive Player of the Week.

LB Chris Glenn is out for the season with Broken Ribs. It drops his skills some. I toss him on IR and sign LB Bubba Doughty for the rest of the season. Conrad O’Neal is moving to the middle, and Doughty will be on the WLB side.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote