View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #258
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 - We win at Dallas 34-16. S Travis Westbrook was Game MVP with a 68 yard pick returned for a score and 2 picks total on the day. Eric Carlson had a pick plus led the team in tackles. DT Meadows started the season with 2 sacks. OT Perry, in his debut, grabbed us 4 KRB and C Monty Brennan in his debut as a starter had 5. RB Shepherd grabbed 187 yards on the 27 carries he was given. Plus a TD. Clements had a poorer day with 11 of 26 for 91 yards, 2:1 ratio, He hit Gardener and Baker for scores. S Travis Westbrook, who I would like to see step up, is Defensive Player of the Week for the NFL

Tim Harris is knocked to doubtful and rookie Clifton Murphy will be starting in his place. Donald Wagner is down to questionable but will start.

Week 2 - 19-9 over the Cardinals on the road. Lamont Ford caught a TD pass from Clements, and then add 4 Mare field goals. Backup S Tony Trafton, one of the chump players we got off a trade, was Game MVP with a pick, and 3rd on the team in tackles. Eric Carlson grabbed another pick. Shepherd held to 30 yards but Clements exploded with 22 of 36 for 320 and 1:1. Jerome Baker added 125 yards receiving on 7 grabs.

I have several players at Probable - Morabito, Westbrook, Wagner. All will start.

Week 3 - We win in Indianapolis 44-25 to go 3-0 on the road over the first three games. This was a Shepherd MVP Game with a 78 yard run for a score, a 22 yard run for a score, a 58 yard run for a score, 25 runs for 230 yards. Both of this games (Jacksonville and Arizona) saw Tony Clements outduel a former QB of mine, (Last week it was Jrome Allard and this one its Artie Switzer). 23 of 35, 318, 2:1 this week. Baker had 109 yards on 6 catches and a TD. Gardener added another TD. Morabito grabbed a pick. Shepherd was NFL Offensive Player of the Week.

Travis Westbrook was knocked to questionable so I may bench him for a week or two. DT Meadows is questionable but I will start him.

Week 4 - Hopes of eternal glory are shattered when the Bills come to our place and hammer us 37-13. Both Shepherd and Clements had bad days, and that means we are dying when that happens.

Morabito is knocked to questionable but will still start.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote