View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
hollmt
High School Varsity

I am deadly with a blade, but even deadlier from long range with the bow and arrow. It was an art i learned years ago, training to be a shade. We excelled in the covert arts, manipulation of the mind, and the practice of understanding our surroundings and senses. I was not however trained in any magic that revolved around the destructive or restorative arts but did excel at making potions that would imbue me with healing medicines and other powerful perks. I also had the knack for first aid on myself and my scars proved that.

The first 2 bandits outside of Vilverren witnessed the power of my bow…ever so briefly, as it struck them from afar. One poisoned arrow is all it took for each man. After I awoke from my slumber, I scavenged the surrounding area, reread that “journal”, picked some herbs for later use and decided finally to check out what these bandits were protecting inside.

8 bandits awaited me in the first few rooms and each met their fate with an arrow and when needed my blade. A couple traps also laid in wait for me, but with a keen eye I was able to sidestep one and disarm the other. I finally came across the ringleader sitting at his makeshift desk eating lunch and uncorked an arrow to his chest stunning him. As he rushed me, I dodged the massive swing of his hammer and smashed his face with my own blade. End of discussion…I proceeded to his desk and read his note which explained that these ruins were of Ayleid. All around the area were Welkynd stones, which described by the ringleader, were some sort of magic storage device. I gathered them for now. The note also explained how deeper in the dungeon was another bandit named “Two Coins” and an unnamed Khajit. The Khajit had not been heard from in days…

I ventured further into the ruins and sensed another bandit. However unable to get an arrow off in time due to turning a corner too fast, “Two Coins” was on me immediately so I had to immediately go on the defensive. After a fierce battle and the toughest so far I breathed a sigh of relief and bandaged my wounds from that fight and from some of the previous scuffles. I proceeded deeper and finally came across the Khajit. He was already dead…from something, but whatever it was, it ate him. Not a pleasant sight. After picking a locked gate I started to see what all the fuss was about. The undead were here. Skeletons archers and warriors locked up in small prison cells and the guards patrolling the area. I dispatched them however with the same techniques as the bandits with only minor scuffles involved. I sensed something stronger though and came across some hidden pressure zones that opened up new doors. Behind them was what I feared…a zombie.

Zombies take a beating and this one was locked up in an area all by itself. I am not exactly sure if this is what ate the Khajit, but I do know I don’t want to be the next meal. I strategized my plan of attack knowing an arrow wasn’t going to do much damage, and I had been out of poisons for quite some time now. I shuffled through my scrolls and found a nice fire damage scroll and memorized the words. I shot of an arrow and then quickly yelled out the words on the scroll and shot off a blaze to the face of the zombie…to which it remained at half health! So I ran…Thankfully I had also scavenged many a health pot and in the ensuing battle with the one armed monster, I chugged 2 pots and dodged and weaved his massive swings and survived a fierce battle.

Moving onward I again sensed another strong force. Another zombie…I have no poisons, and no more scrolls to read that do damage of any sort. I realize though that one option I do have is backtracking the route I took and completely sidestepping this zombie and sneaking past it. That is the choice I take…back through some rooms and I can forget this monster. Hindsight being what it is, I could have done the same with the first zombie and let it be.

Moving deeper into Vilverren picking up stones along the way all I run into are some more skeleton archers and warriors. Nothing at all to be overly concerned with and easily dispatched with arrows and the occasional blade. The prize however was a mysterious precious stone that I will need to figure out the use for in due time. I realize by now that the beast is not in these ruins, and it is altogether something completely different. I do also know that my curiosity may kill me as I have to find out.

Deeper yet and I start to sense that the end is near as less and less skeletons are around. I find a statue that seems to be worth something, so I snag it as well. Each hallway is trapped with sliding axes that I must dodge. Thankfully I am nimble and quick enough to do just that. Up a flight of stairs I go and I sense another being…this time human.

I realize this is the cause of all the undead in these ruins and why the bandits ceased to go any further. A necromancer stood far in front of me, dressed in black and hovering over a dead corpse. This fight would need to end quickly as he would likely summon something to attack me. I chose to shoot an arrow and charge ahead as fast as I could after with my blade swinging. The first arrow does little damage to my surprise and I am forced to quickly attack…thankfully my blade hits casters stronger than anything else, and Jalbert, the Necromancer falls to his death with barely a scratch on me. I loot the area and find the key to get out of this place.

It is time to go visit Jauffre and see what all the fuss the Emperor was babbling about…
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote