View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 09:34 AM   #91
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

5.20 vs. Perserang. Well we're 1-2 favorites to take the title against semi-pro Perserang, but there are some picking them., It's a weird line, but it's a title game and lots of opinions out there. It's the first First Division final for either club. Both have made history already: one is about to make some more. They play the 4-1-2-2-1 'V'.

Most importantly for the club: we're about to take in over 1b to work on the financial side, no matter who wins. An extra 80m if we do take it.

We'll try to win the possession battle and attack from the outset.

4' -- Nice counter, we were back but Gunawan got a header from inside the box but tough angle, off the side.

8' -- Ewangin draws the defense wide, crosses and Sutanto has a good look at a header but way too much angle on that.

11' -- Same drill Saputra has an angled try that's right at the keeper.

13' -- Corner ... Sutanto floats it over and their keeper has it.

15' -- They look for Rastawan up the gut, excellent pass but Patay's close enough for a sliding tackle to intercept at the last second. Corner. Kombo and Yogi clear it.

So far we're losing the battle at midfield pretty badly like last game, so counter-attack it is.

17' -- Corner for us. Yeah it's a broken record right now as both clubs are keeping a lot of the attackers to the perimeter. Out of play by Sutanto ...

22' -- Yogi wheels right, fires and it's not high enough, easy save.

23' -- They try to pull us out wide and cross but we don't bite.

25' -- Long-range header by Sutanto is wide and not much on it. We aren't getting quality shots but are looking better and better overall, I think we've got a good shot if we keep pushing.

28' -- Wide shot from the right, we had that one blocked off well. Our defending is top-notch so far today except for that early header they had.

33' -- They have another corner, Ningmabin is there to clear.

38' -- Absolutely beautiful touch passing play. Saputra - Sutanto - Yogi - leads Ewangin into the area, perfect ball there and between three defenders to the open man. Caught the keeper leaning left and placed the shot into the right side, and we take a 1-0 lead!

40' -- Rifled angled shot by Gunawan, just high.

41' -- Rastiawan wheels around Kombo, but can't get the shot on target.

46' -- Probably 30 seconds before the half, after they work it around awhile similar play to their first threat. Rastiawan finds Gunawan with a close header, and this time he buries it. Lead gone, 1-1 at the break.

HT -- Hopefully we contain those two now, they are playing well together. We still can take this I think, we were better most of the first half.

46' -- They try it again, Saputra's there to clear. One thing about these guys, they know where their bread is buttered and how to get it there.

47' -- they have a corner.

50' -- Ferminus grabs a dangerous deep freekick. We come back down and get our first ... anything ... of the half. Saputra, Sutanto, first time pass leads Ewangin. Couldn't have been set up better and an easy score! 2-1 now, how about we keep the lead this time??

56' -- Adie on for the tiring Yarangga. Bad turnover for them, ends up with a good look at the goal by a trailing Yogi who is wide.

67' -- They're controlling play too much for my liking now. Prasetyo on for Ewangin who has done his job and then some. Time to go five at the back and preserve the title! Corner, cleared to Sutanto who rifles a half-volley that looked in at first. Just wide.

69' -- Prasetyo clears out a cross, and Putra absolutely unloads a line drive from 25 yards that Ferminus just manages to parry. That was a cannon shot there. They can't keep the corner in play.

71' -- Saragih goes up the right side to Adie, two defenders are with him but they can't stop him -- they can trip him -- and a penalty is called!!

Again Yogi buries it. 3-1 now, and that's a bit of a final moment for Adie there even though he didn't get to make the conversion.

That's 18 goals this year for the guy who didn't want to come back.

72' -- They keep attacking and get a decent look just inside, not quite enough to test Ferminus though.

78' -- They get a corner. Caught by Fermie. He sends it downfield ... and crumples to the ground! Doesn't look too serious, but on comes Setia.

82' -- Setia grabs another corner. Some incredible headers start a counter, which ends with a nice move by Adie to get a shot from just outside the area, which he hits well but high.

FT -- The rest passes uneventfully and Persigubin win the First Division crown 3-1!! There are no words for such a season ... magical? Ewangin and Yogi steal the show today.

9,090 came to watch.

There is no-one left to play! We'll enjoy this for a while, and it's hard to imagine what could top it. The fans celebrate, and suggest I be given freedom of the city for 'performing miracles' with the club. The board called this win a 'truly momentous' thing and said 'anything was possible' with me at the helm.

Thank you very much. Now about that contract ...

The press's second question is a little ridiculous, saying everybody's gonna want even more and how will I respond to the added pressure. I say they're being ridiculous and suggest they let us enjoy today first. They want a 'proper answer', to which my response is to get up and leave. I don't have time for their nonsense.

1.11b is our reward for the title.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote