View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 11:26 PM   #27
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

The issue with pressure d will be addressed. I haven't gotten to it yet but it is on my list. If anyone has a save file with a super stealing team already built that will help me out when I start testing it. I'll also go over the thready Radii posted.

Quote:
A couple of things I would like to see you address if possible.
- Reduce technical fouls.
- Ability to turn off the shot clock and/or change to 45 seconds.

Should be possible

Quote:
As for the game, I'd like to see hardship years added. When a senior is injured for the season before a certain time, they can then be redshirted and allowed to play the next season. Make it so that it is rejected from time to time.

This is on my list of things to look at.

Quote:
Also, if you're going to move the announcement of going pro to the end of the season, can you add some emails about rumors of a player thinking about it during the season and change the recruiting to not change everyone's interest to none after all scholarships have been filled?

There is a top prospects for the draft screen. Emails should also be possible.

Quote:
If redshirting will be much less frequent (assuming by the AI), what will prevent a human player from taking advantage of redshirting as we do now (i.e., redshirting all freshmen and cranking them up with training, esp. conditioning)?

If a player is not willing to redshirt, the option will be disabled for that player.

Quote:
In looking back at my (and other) suggestions, I think one of the main comments, besides the asst. coaching phase, was the exploits of OOC scheduling (front-loading, cupcaking, etc.) and the lack of travel costs/fatigue. Can anything be done there?

I'm going to work on this as well. I'll probably do a little brainstorming session on this when I get there. I have some ideas for how I'm going to deal with it but I need to write it down and make sure it all makes sense.

Quote:
A little more balance on where the recruits come from. Top 5 talent from Idaho and Montana isn't very realistic. A little less randomness on it as well. No idea how that would work, but ya...

There may be something that can be done in terms of the states the recruits are generated in. It would be harder get more specific though in terms of focusing on certain cities for instance. I don't know that you could say it never happens to have elite talent in weird places but it should certainly be more rare.

Quote:
Some sort of stage management with exports to make sure that an export fits the stage its being imported for. If a user exports off of Day 1 of assistant hiring because he didn't download the updated league files, and then I import that file into Day 3 of assistant hiring, the game lets me, and the game attempts to apply hiring instructions that are no longer applicable. Hopefully that makes sense. Similar things can happen with recruiting and scheduling, exporting off an earlier file can mess up the results and goes unchecked.

Shouldn't be too hard to address

Quote:
There aren't any HTML pages dealing with preseason tournaments, conference tournaments, or the NCAA/NIT tournament. just tournament brackets would be enough I think The fact that there is nothing done for the postseason in the HTML hurts the immersion a bit.

On the list

Quote:
Human Scheduling Weirdness/tedium - the biggest problem with multiplayer scheduling is that if UGA tries to schedule Georgia Tech to play a game on Dec 14 and Ga Tech tries to schedule UGA to play on Dec 15 in the same scheduling round, both games get scheduled and the two teams end up playing twice. It would be nice if it were easier for two human teams to schedule each other outside of the request->response over two stages deal.

I've redone the scheduling interface but I'll do more testing for scheduling between human teams. My goal is to make it so you can agree on a date and both submit during the same stage.

Quote:
Assistant Hiring needs a "cpu hire" team option. A coach can let the CPU do everything for them from scheduling to recruiting, but there is no way to have the CPU handle assistant hiring. So when a coach disappears for a week during assistant hiring, the only two options are to fire the head coach, or have the commish manually hire for the coach.

Cpu hiring has already been added.

Quote:
CPU recruiting needs to work a lot better. If a human coach submits an export for Recruiting Month 1, Recruiting Month two but forgets to export for Recruiting Month 3, turning on CPU Recruiting for that coach is catestrophic. The CPU doesn't build on existing recruiting actions, it deletes the entire call and contact list and starts over.

This is on my list as well.

Quote:
Depth Chart verification - There's a current bug where a team's depth chart may be incomplete/illegal going into a new season.. no starting lineup, or multiple players set to start at Center, some weird things happen. If a team in multiplayer is inactive/doesn't fully correct this on their own, the results from this end up being totally off the wall. Players will end up playing for other teams, stats get very messed up. You'll end up with guys that play 70 games a season because they're playing for two teams, etc.

I should have this fixed but I'll do some testing to make sure.

Quote:
That's the coach in question. Alabama's goals are to avoid last place in the SEC, but this coach's "performance is the stuff of legend" I know its a football school, but someone in the athletic department would have noticed they have a basketball team by now!

I have an old league file that I'll use to see what's going on here.

Quote:
It would be nice if the academic suspensions happened at realistic times, too, rather than at the end of every month.

Maybe something more like 2 possible suspension periods: oct-dec and jan+
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote