View Single Post
Old 07-03-2023, 10:12 PM   #34
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Time to draw chits. The first one is to draw 1 card. It is US Innovation Sparks New Industries and a Wave of Prosperity. This sounds promising. The economy trends to improving, and the public is happy. In addition, my cabinet effectiveness is trending upwards. Also, this means that I passes a landmark Science and Technology bill. This nets me +2 legacy points. Legacy points are your score at the end of the game. I can increase one of my strategic capabilities, so I choose Strategic Missiles/Defense, which puts me ahead of both Russia and China. Public approval keeps going up (up to 30% now, which is one of the DRM levels for many rolls), and I get an additional 4 legacy points. In addition to all that, the military uses this to improve their space warfare capability, which now puts me ahead of both Russia and China. This was a massive help.

Next chit is to draw another card. This one is Cyber Theft of Sensitive Intelligence Threatens National Security. Domestic Crisis goes up to 2, and public approval drops. DNI resigns, which causes my cabinet effectiveness to drop by one. Ouch. This is a cascading event, so I need to keep my cyber capabilities high.

The last chit is to draw a card, which turns out to be a Press Conference Gaffe. I end up making fun of myself over it, which negates the public approval loss.

Not a terrible turn for cards this time.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote