View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 12:09 PM   #614
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Stated another way. I think it is the responsibility of myself and every husband and father to protect their family. I take that responsibility to mean I will do EVERYTHING in my power to ensure I accomplish that task. I respect that others are free to assess their personal risk tolerance, their means, their abilities and their environments and are free to reach their own conclusions. Even if they differ from mine. That said, if you dont feel the need to arm yourself and something happens to your family, however minuscule that chance may be, I personally will judge you as the failure. That doesnt have to mean a gun, maybe you are a trained fighter and can protect your family against any threat with your bare hands. Maybe you have carefully selected to live in an environment 100% free from any danger. All of those are "acceptable" defenses...or frankly maybe you are just very lucky. Your practices arent questioned until results dictate.

If statistically there is a higher likelihood of your family suffering an injury from your own guns than there is from an intruder, isn't it your responsibility as a husband and father to remove the guns from your home?

Good guy with a gun myth: Guns increase the risk of homicide, accidents, suicide.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote