View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 04:27 PM   #627
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I object to the phrasing of "stashing guns". They are securely and covertly placed. They aren't accidentally falling out. I truly have no fear of a home invasion. Never think about it. But I prepare for it.

I think your examples are over the top in comparison. I dont have vault doors on my home, 8 position cameras or escape tunnels I simple have protection tools. Tools all total cost me ~2% of my annual income and have a life expectancy of multiples of my life expectancy and escalate in value. Its an inconsequential discussion.

I didn't mean stashing in a negative manner. I'm sure they are secured properly.

Every safety measure is done out of fear. There is nothing wrong with that. We put our seat belts on because we fear being plastered across the pavement in an accident. I have a smoke alarm because I fear dying in a fire while I'm asleep. Pretending you are immune to fear is just silly.

As for the examples, they aren't over the top. You are thousands of times more likely to die in a car accident. You are hundreds of times more likely to die in a house fire. If safety is really the big motivation here, wouldn't it make sense to invest substantially more money into those areas where there is a higher risk of death?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote