View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 08:18 PM   #2
Tasan
College Starter

Keeping with the West Coast Offense this year.

Shut out twice in the PRESEASON! This is going to be rough...

We finally get our first win in week 5, 27-24 over the G-Men. This is a milestone win, our 30th of the challenge. The offense really clicked with McG coming back from a week off with an injury to have a real good game, and McM ran well also. The D held them off at the end and we get the win.

Week 10 our punter goes down for 4 weeks with a bad knee during a loss. We use the "Kicker" rule and go sign a scrub. We cut CB Buchannon and sign scrub P Shannon Boyer. I'll cut him as soon as I'm done with him. I actually start my K at P though, because I think he'll do okay there.

In week 12, we go up against 8-2 Pittsburgh as 10 point dogs and come out with a 19-0 shutout! Win #31 sure was tasty. Bass kicked 4 FGs, and McG hooked up with Reeves for the lone TD. The running game as a whole was good as well. The D forced and recovered 3 fumbles, and picked off 3 passes, plus threw in 2.5 sacks for good measure. Seems like a pretty good effort all around. I was truely afraid we were only going to win 1 this year.

In the final week of what is probably our final season, we face off against the Giants, and come away with a 27-14 win for #32. That was a season sweep of a decent division opponent, so this is a win I actually feel good about. Plus, it gets us to 3-13, a tremendous accomplishment for this group of scrubs. QB Ellard filled in for McG again because of injury, and got the PoG award for a real fine day. Reeves was the real star again though, going for 131 yards and a TD. The D was solid.

Reeves finished with 131 catches for 1747 yards and 10 TDs, one of his top seasons in a career with many. McG actually had his second best career rating with an 86.0, but missed 2 games and most of 2 others due to injury. McM was nothing if consistant, getting over 800 yards again with a tad over 4.0 YPC. SS Kinney had 4 picks and 130 tackles, so I think he may show up in the awards. DE Brody was decent, with a team high 8.5 sacks, but nowhere near his past years. All in all, even at 3-13 this team suprised me. I only expected 1 win this year, and they tripled that. I really really don't think we'll continue next season, but I've been saying that for 3 now, so who knows.

WR Reeves is again 1st team WR, and truely deserved it. He caught over 63% of the over 200 passes thrown at him. Sadly, our SS does not get on the awards roster even with his insane stats season.