View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 08:49 AM   #653
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I guess its a possibility that there are no trained admin/teachers close by the secured storage. But if there were, I think better than nothing.

And i think this is a whole lot of "If" and overall this whole idea comes down to a) holding a high amount of inherent risk or b) being so watered down that you are basically implementing it for effect, for everybody to feel better having "done something".

It is like spending a ton of money on treating an illness while skimping on research for preventing said illness (via Vaccination for example or via eliminating certain risk factors proven to cause that illness) or spending a shit ton of money on national defense while skimping on spending for the State Department.
The latter, funnily enough, is the policy in the US right now. With the glorious explanation that there won't be much need for diplomacy because the major conflicts are soon to be solved anyway. And that's not my interpretation but that of the then-secretary of state explaining why he is cool with his agency being gutted.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 03-14-2018 at 08:52 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote