Thread: I Am A Vampire
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 02:29 AM   #4
Suicane75
Coordinator

WEEK 1

The projection was that I'd lose by 36 points, it was basically cross my fingers and pray.

So what happened? Well, my opponents QB was Mayfield, who shit the bed in NE and produced 11 points, while I started Brees who picked up 25 vs Houston. A good start. Incidentally, both our backup QB's, Murray (26) for him and Prescott (41) for me, scored way more points than who we started.

Besides QB, my big win was at RB where I got 12 points from McCoy and 11 from Thompson, while he got 25 from Cook but only 4 from Mixon. I'll gladly take that outcome.

The WR battle was a near draw as Gallup and Samuel combined for 22 points while his Robinson & Godwin combo scored 26 points. I'll take that. Again, we each left monster games on the bench as I didn't start Ross (31) and he didn't start Fitz (21) or Tyrell Williams (20).

At TE I got another big win as I started Andrews (21) to his Njoku (11). I left Hooper and his 12 points on my bench.

The flexes were a sad state as my Montcrief & Tre'Quan scored a whopping 12 combined points but that was better than they 4 point total he got from Aaron Jones & Corey Davis.

His Lutz outscored my Vinatieri 15-5, which could have been a killer, but my Cowboys outdid his Browns 7-4 which mitigated it some.

The final score? A 113-101 victory. His 8 combined points from Mixon & Jones and my QB & TE edge won the day while Gallup & my RB's did enough to bolster them. Luck & strategy, exactly as planned.

Now came the question of who to steal. I have drafted mostly this year under the Zero RB model, and while I think that's the winning strategy most of the time in bestball, this isn't bestball, and Cooks week 1 performance gave me confidence that barring injury, he was going to perform at both a high level and with high volume as a 3 down back.

But there was something else to consider here, his draft slot. In most leagues, he was a 2nd round pick, but since we're a 2 keeper league where you can keep a guy and relinquish a draft pick in the round you took him (increasing by 1 round each year you keep him, until it becomes a 1st rounder and you then have to let him go the subsequent season), Cook was a 1st rounder this year.

But I was not in a position to worry about long term, I needed a guy who could help me win next week, and so Cook it was. Onward!

Last edited by Suicane75 : 10-24-2019 at 05:34 AM.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote