Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-14-2024, 06:08 PM   #4951
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
People can pretty much post anything on the internet and people will run with it. Already seen this reposted a couple of times on FB SMH. I would 100% think/hope it has no shred of truth to it, but if there is the Harris campaign will deserve what they get for their stellar job of vetting.

Big October surprise rocks Kamala campaign, Tim Walz accused of 'inappropriate' relations with a minor - Hindustan Times

I clicked on one of the two twitter "sources" in that article and it's a satire shitposter.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2024, 06:24 PM   #4952
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
We're going to end up with some sort of crypto bailout and it's going to piss me off so much.

I'd bet I'd be even more pissed than you.
Old 10-14-2024, 07:51 PM   #4953
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'd bet I'd be even more pissed than you.

It has to be a mess if you and I agree.
Old 10-14-2024, 08:18 PM   #4954
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Today, it was confirmed that Kamala Harris is doing to do a sit down with Brett Baier on Fox, and now it is also confirmed she is working on going on the Joe Rogan podcast.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Last edited by GrantDawg : 10-14-2024 at 08:20 PM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2024, 08:31 PM   #4955
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

If Trump wins I'm convinced he's going to screw over RFK Jr. I don't think he wants RFK Jr. taking camera time and I don't think he gives a damn about all of the anti-corporate stuff.
Old 10-14-2024, 08:39 PM   #4956
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Trump's ton hall tonight was apparently one of the odder things to happen at a campaign event.

It was in a poorly ventilated space and people were overheated. At least two passed out and received medical treatment. Trump said that he wasn't going to take more questions and they'll all just listen to music instead. Music played, with Trump bobbing slightly, for 20 minutes or so and then Trump said the townhall was over.
Old 10-14-2024, 11:13 PM   #4957
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips
It has to be a mess if you and I agree.

I agree with both of you also. Strongly.

This is scary.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:13 AM   #4958
Galaril
Pro Starter

My wife and I had a chance to go to our favorite Korean restaurant in Aurora Colorado Sunday night. No gangs mugged us and no one got shot or raped. No one stole my car or hub caps! I know crazy.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM   #4959
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Along with Brian, Jon, & JPhillips, I will also be pissed if there's a crypto bailout.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:26 AM   #4960
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64
I will respectfully disagree with you here. I do believe there are "degrees" of blame (aka degrees of separation)

So you would say then that a proverbial mob boss is less guilty than the hit man they hire/order to eliminate someone?
Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM   #4961
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Has to be a good sign for Harris

Early Voting: Large turnout on first day of early voting in Georgia – WSB-TV Channel 2 - Atlanta

Last edited by Lathum : Yesterday at 12:24 PM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM   #4962
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Trump's ton hall tonight was apparently one of the odder things to happen at a campaign event.

It was in a poorly ventilated space and people were overheated. At least two passed out and received medical treatment. Trump said that he wasn't going to take more questions and they'll all just listen to music instead. Music played, with Trump bobbing slightly, for 20 minutes or so and then Trump said the townhall was over.

35 to 38 minutes from what I've seen. They played all of November Rain so you know it had to be a long time.
Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM   #4963
GrantDawg

My wife and son both voted today. In and out no problem. I should be able to this week myself.

Old Yesterday, 01:56 PM   #4964
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
so at the Economic Forum of Chicago, the stable genius told the roomful of economists that they didn't understand tariffs.

Quote:
"Critics say your tariffs will end up being like a national sales tax because America at the moment has $3 trillion worth of imports, you're going to add tariffs to every single one of them that is going to push up the cost for all those people who want to buy foreign goods.

"It is just simple mathematics, President Trump."

"It's not," replied Trump. "It is, but not the way you figured. I was always very good at mathematics."
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM   #4965
cuervo72
Head Coach

test

Ok, things refuse to embed. Anyway, this is good too:

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1846242042785288257

Last edited by cuervo72 : Yesterday at 02:40 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM   #4966
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
My wife and son both voted today. In and out no problem. I should be able to this week myself.

Was going to vote but heard it was busy. Definitely going to vote early, so sometime this week or early next.

When I drove back from swimming, the 2 lights on either side of the GA-400 exit had Kamala supporters on one side and Trump supporters the other. Just read Trump is holding a townhall in Forsyth county.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM   #4967
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Local election officials in Georgia must certify results, judge rules

I only bring this up because the judge invoked Lord of the Rings in his ruling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
"To users of common parlance, 'shall' connotes instruction or command: You shall not pass!" he wrote, quoting Lord of the Rings' Gandalf's famous battle cry. "And, generally, even lawyers, legislators, and judges, construe “shall” as “a word of command."

Last edited by NobodyHere : Yesterday at 02:53 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM   #4968
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

I sent my absentee ballot in today too
Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM   #4969
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
So you would say then that a proverbial mob boss is less guilty than the hit man they hire/order to eliminate someone?

No, not less guilty. My full quote is below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I will respectfully disagree with you here. I do believe there are "degrees" of blame (aka degrees of separation)

As a general example ...

Person A can be blamed more if he organizes/implements bad thing X. Person B can be blamed less if X-3. Person C can be blamed much less if he is X-10.

Therefore, the mob boss "organized" and the "hit man" implemented. So, in my mind, pretty much the same.
Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM   #4970
Thomkal
Head Coach

But Stephen Miller said it was the greatest ever interview any political candidate has ever given.
Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM   #4971
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
But Stephen Miller said it was the greatest ever interview any political candidate has ever given.

If I ever find a Genie, one wish will be put me in a room with Miller so I can punch him in the face. Hell, why not use all three wishes so I could give him a jab, cross, hook combo.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:33 PM   #4972
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

GOP friendly pollsters getting lazy.

Quote:
PENNSYLVANIA @AmericanPulseUS Poll:

Trump 51% (+1)
Harris 50%
Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM   #4973
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

9% undecided. That gets you to the proverbial 110%. Duh.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM   #4974
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It is all the illegals voting
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM   #4975
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64
Therefore, the mob boss "organized" and the "hit man" implemented. So, in my mind, pretty much the same.

Ok. Next question then; how is that different from buying something made under horrifying conditions in some other country? Isn't that 'organizing'? If people weren't buying it (aka giving the order), then you don't have the situation. They're rendering a service to us, same as the mines in my example, the sweatshops making t-shirts/sneakers/whatever you want to pick on are; hitman is rendering a service to the mob boss.
Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM   #4976
GrantDawg

Trump is planning to work a fry station at McDonalds on Sunday in Pennsylvania.

Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM   #4977
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
If I ever find a Genie, one wish will be put me in a room with Miller so I can punch him in the face. Hell, why not use all three wishes so I could give him a jab, cross, hook combo.

you can use my wishes so you can punch him some more. Almost more than I want to see Trump go to jail for what he has done, Miller would be a close second.
Old Today, 12:22 AM   #4978
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Trump is planning to work a fry station at McDonalds on Sunday in Pennsylvania.

he's just doing it for the free fries...
Old Today, 12:24 AM   #4979
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
test

Ok, things refuse to embed. Anyway, this is good too:

x.com

This interview is an example of why he's being hidden from major networks and mainstream media. He can't articulate any position and can't stay on topic. Then when pushed to answer the question he gets angry and lashes out.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:33 AM   #4980
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Ok. Next question then; how is that different from buying something made under horrifying conditions in some other country? Isn't that 'organizing'? If people weren't buying it (aka giving the order), then you don't have the situation.
No, a regular consumer buying an iPhone (which cobalt is used in) is definitely not "organizing" (or at least not in the definition I would use). Organizing to me indicates there is someone in authority coordinating/paying to get X done.

The regular consumer is several degrees of separation away from that and certainly after Apple (which has more culpability/blame than the consumer). If the cobalt miner only sells to Apple, then I would consider Apple the organizer. But I'm pretty sure the cobalt miner sells to a bunch of different other companies/entities so I'd say cobalt miner is X and Apple is X-1 or X-2.

Quote:
They're rendering a service to us, same as the mines in my example, the sweatshops making t-shirts/sneakers/whatever you want to pick on are; hitman is rendering a service to the mob boss.
Using the example of mob boss ... does Meadow/Anothony bear the same/equal responsibility of all the killings that Tony did/organized? They benefited, they may not have known all the specifics but they knew Tony did bad things. Would a court of law view them as equally culpable? I doubt it, too many degrees of separation. Isn't this the reason why there are different levels of murder/killing in the court of law?

Last edited by Edward64 : Today at 04:46 AM.