Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-29-2024, 01:30 PM   #1
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

Coach Toby Whittaker: Audet Somniare, Parat Laborare (FBCB)

Hi again, everyone.

I had so much fun with my Graham Sims dynasty for Fast Break College Basketball that I decided to return to this wonderful game for another story.

The laptop on which I played Coach Sims' save has been retired, and I installed a "clean" copy of FBCB on my new computer. I've spent some time over the past month or so editing the database to create the college basketball world in which my new story will take place. Our main character will be Coach Toby Whittaker, whose career had just begun when my story ended. I've magically turned the clock back three decades or so, giving Coach Whittaker a chance to begin his career in the 2010s.

I've added two conferences to Division I for this story: the New England Conference and the Centennial Conference. Both leagues are closely based on real Division III conferences. Here's a look at their membership:

New England Conference: Amherst, Bates, Bowdoin, Colby, Hamilton, Middlebury, Trinity, Tufts, Wesleyan, Williams.

Centennial Conference: Dickinson, Franklin & Marshall, Gettysburg, Haverford, Johns Hopkins, McDaniel, Muhlenberg, Swarthmore, Ursinus, Washington (MD).

Our story will begin in the spring of 2013.

Coach Whittaker is 25 years old. He grew up in Falls Church, Virginia, and after a successful high school career at St. Stephens & St. Agnes School, Toby walked on at the University of Virginia. In his four years in Charlottesville, he saw just over 100 minutes of court time in 19 appearances. He completed his B.A. in History with the Class of 2010.

Toby knew his talent would take him only so far as a player. He was still in high school when he first expressed his interest in coaching, and his coaches at UVA encouraged and fostered his interest in the profession. Head coach Tom Schumann offered Toby a position as a graduate assistant, and for two seasons, Coach Whittaker worked on the Cavaliers' staff while he completed his M.A. in Higher Education.

Now, Coach Whittaker is teaching and coaching at St. Anne's-Belfield School in Charlottesville. While he loves what he's doing, he dreams of heading a college program of his own one day. As the 2013/14 season begins, we join Coach Whittaker as he waits for an opportunity to enter the Division I coaching ranks.

Game Notes: I added about 250 high schools to my game's database, mostly independent schools from the Northeast and Middle Atlantic states. I let a random number generator choose the school where Coach Whittaker is coaching high school ball; it picked STAB, and I constructed Toby's backstory from there.

The Latin motto of the title roughly translates to "He dares to dream, he prepares to work." My apologies to my high school Latin teacher if my translation is a bit off.

Last edited by MoonlightGraham : 08-30-2024 at 01:41 PM.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 01:41 PM   #2
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

I'll begin the tale of Coach Whittaker's universe by fast-simming through a season or two, or three, or four. At the end of each season, I'll look at the offers Toby has received. If one of them looks like a good fit for him, I'll have him take it.

Coach Whittaker will begin his career as a Level 5 coach. That will make him roughly as talented as the coaches at most smaller programs. For example, all the coaches in the Centennial and New England Conferences are Level 5.
Old 08-29-2024, 01:48 PM   #3
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Following...
Old 08-29-2024, 05:34 PM   #4
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas in Cinti View Post
Following...

It'll be great to have you along, Chas! Hopefully Coach Whittaker's story will be as much fun as Coach Sims' was.

Toby has landed his first job, and I'll be back soon to set the stage for the beginning of his coaching journey.
Old 08-30-2024, 01:17 PM   #5
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

May 1, 2019

Toby Whittaker was announced today as the new head men's basketball coach at Amherst.

The Mammoths have struggled throughout the six-year history of my universe.

Code:
AMHERST TEAM PERFORMANCE Season Team W L CW CL Rank RPI PRS Result ---------------------------------------------------------------- 2018 Amherst 12 19 8 10 273 261 9 No Postseason 2017 Amherst 5 25 4 14 363 366 8 No Postseason 2016 Amherst 13 19 7 11 262 268 10 No Postseason 2015 Amherst 10 20 8 10 306 318 10 No Postseason 2014 Amherst 10 20 6 12 289 337 11 No Postseason 2013 Amherst 8 23 6 12 317 355 12 No Postseason

A 58-126 mark over those six seasons cost coach Donny Baker his job. The resulting loss of Prestige--from 12 to 9--has dropped Amherst to the tenth-lowest mark in all of Division I. Coach Whittaker has quite a job ahead of him.
Old 08-30-2024, 01:41 PM   #6
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

May 1, 2019

I couldn't afford to spend more than $30,000/year on assistant coaches' salaries, but I ended up being able to find three coaches I'm fairly happy with.

Our staff is at least as good as most of the other programs in the New England Conference. Forrest Gill is a Level 1 coach, and the Davids are both Level 0.
Old 08-30-2024, 09:06 PM   #7
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

July 1, 2019

Recruiting season is about to begin. We have $7,819 to spend each month, and we have four scholarships to offer. We will have to concentrate our efforts on players who live close to home.

After projecting our depth chart for the next two years, I've identified our recruiting priorities. We need a big man and a point guard who will be ready to step in right away. We need another big man with whom we could be patient, and we could probably use a wing. Ideally, they'll all be good defenders--we're way too easy to score against--but the PG absolutely must be.
Old 08-30-2024, 09:51 PM   #8
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

August 1, 2019

Amherst has recruited about as successfully as you'd expect a school with ratings for 9 in Prestige and 10 in Facilities, and a budget of less than $10K/month to do. There are 367 Division I schools in our universe. The Mammoths' recruiting classes have ranked #338, #367, #313, #317, #168, and #356 (the class that placed last had no recruits).

The Mammoths have signed two three-star players, both arriving via the JUCO ranks with the Class of 2018. If Coach Whittaker is going to raise the standard of the Amherst program, he'll need to attract more players of this quality.

One very promising prospect, New York big man Richard Zamudio, expressed Very High interest last month. I liked his stats (23.6 PPG, 9.8 RPG, #196 national ranking) so much that I offered him a scholarship right away. Unfortunately, Richard caught the eye of at least five more prestigious programs, all of whom offered him, too. Richard took us completely out of his top five list, so we'll probably move along.

We're in better shape with another post player, three-star center Carson Shears.
Code:
#32 C Carson Shears -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-7 Weight: 244 High School: Coventry High School Hometown: Coventry, CT GPA: 2.79 Test Score: 1080 Rating: *** Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 28 28 12 9 35 12 36 50 36 32 36 40 44 83 22 0 Potential: B D D F C C D A D C C B Season Stats: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PTS OREB REB AST TOS A/T STL BLK PFS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 12.4 3.0 12.5 1.0 1.5 0.67 1.9 0.9 3.1 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.6 10.1 .552 1.3 2.7 .491 0.0 0.0 .000 Recruiting Notes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Qualified: Yes Current interest in Amherst: Very High Rankings: None High School Awards: All-State Top 5 Schools: Amherst, Central Connecticut State, Brown, Williams, Bates

In a perfect world, Carson would be a better defender than he projects to be. He's got some good inside moves, however, and he's comfortable handling the ball. He's worth keeping an eye on, and he likes us a lot.

Josiah Pennington is a 6'4" wing with a lethal jump shot and a willingness to challenge the opposing team's best player on defense.
Code:
#5 SG Josiah Pennington -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-4 Weight: 182 High School: Shepherd Hill High School Hometown: Dudley, MA GPA: 3.06 Test Score: 1070 Rating: ** Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 19 57 35 31 31 37 29 22 57 40 27 27 72 31 64 59 Potential: D A A C C D D D B B C D Season Stats: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PTS OREB REB AST TOS A/T STL BLK PFS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 20.6 1.2 4.8 2.7 1.8 1.54 2.1 0.6 2.2 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 9.2 16.7 .550 0.7 1.1 .636 1.6 3.5 .457 Recruiting Notes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Qualified: Yes Current interest in Amherst: Very High Rankings: None High School Awards: None Top 5 Schools: Wesleyan, Quinnipiac, Bryant University, Tufts, Amherst

Nobody has offered Josiah a scholarship yet, but we're about to change that. We'll also recruit him heavily; until I look at the finances more closely, I don't know how heavily.

The most intriguing defensively-talented point guard on our list is Doyle Cannon.
Code:
#32 PG Doyle Cannon -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 5-10 Weight: 158 High School: Stoneham High School Hometown: Stoneham, MA GPA: 2.35 Test Score: 1040 Rating: ** Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 44 46 54 72 51 22 39 34 42 50 27 19 70 51 35 67 Potential: C B C A A D C C C C C B Season Stats: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PTS OREB REB AST TOS A/T STL BLK PFS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 10.7 1.5 5.3 2.7 1.3 2.12 1.5 0.4 2.3 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 4.5 9.4 .473 0.7 1.0 .650 1.2 3.6 .319 Recruiting Notes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Qualified: Yes Current interest in Amherst: Very High Rankings: East Region #21 PG High School Awards: None Top 5 Schools: Providence, Amherst, Trinity, Hartford, Yale
After recruiting so many studs with Graham Sims at Villanova, I have to remind myself that a C rated player can be a star in a small conference. And, if we've scouted him accurately, Doyle has a jumper that can play in any league. We'll offer him a scholarship, too.

I decide to bring Shears, Pennington, and Cannon to campus for a visit, and I also invite another big man, Michael Grigsby. Coach Whittaker will visit Cannon, and his recruiting assistant, David Getty, will visit Shears. We can't afford to do anything else.

Last edited by MoonlightGraham : 08-31-2024 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-30-2024, 10:07 PM   #9
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

September 1, 2019

I'm pleased with how our recruiting efforts went last month.

Carson Shears still has us at the top of his list, and none of his other favorites have made him an offer. The same is true of Josiah Pennington.

We'll be in a battle for the commitment of Doyle Cannon, who holds offers from Yale, Amherst, Trinity, and Colby. That's how Doyle ranks the four programs right now.

The most promising news of all might be coming from very, very close to home. Local boy Michael Grigsby looks like he could be a great fit for us.
Code:
#15 C Michael Grigsby -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-10 Weight: 220 High School: Amherst Regional High School Hometown: Amherst, MA GPA: 3.15 Test Score: 1040 Rating: ** Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 75 20 51 10 14 0 46 62 11 42 16 13 27 81 22 0 Potential: B B C D D F B A D C C D Season Stats: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PTS OREB REB AST TOS A/T STL BLK PFS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 20.7 2.9 11.0 0.4 2.3 0.15 0.9 0.7 3.8 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 8.9 15.7 .569 2.9 4.2 .687 0.0 0.2 .000 Recruiting Notes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Qualified: Yes Current interest in Amherst: Very High Rankings: East Region #25 C High School Awards: All-State Top 5 Schools: *Amherst, *Bates, *Colby, Tufts, Williams
The experts give Michael only two stars, but he's an All-State player, a proven scorer and rebounder at the high school level with ratings that support the stats.

I'm sending Coach Whittaker to visit all four of the guys who hold offers from us. I can afford to send Coach Getty to the Cannon residence, taking what might be one last shot to pry Doyle out of the clutches of Yale.

Wish us luck...

Last edited by MoonlightGraham : 08-30-2024 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-30-2024, 10:19 PM   #10
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

October 1, 2019

Oh, dear.

First, the good news. Carson Shears still likes us best. We're the only program who has offered him a scholarship, so that might be the reason why. Still, I'm high on him, and I hope we get good news from him on Decision Day next month.

Two of our other targets had their heads turned by offers from more prestigious programs. Wesleyan (Prestige 20) is courting Josiah Pennington. Bates (Prestige 20) is trying to lure Michael Grigsby away from his hometown school. And Doyle Cannon has cut his list to two, but we still trail Yale (Prestige 26). Pennington and Grigsby have lowered their expressed interest in us to High.

Is it worth pursuing these three guys any longer? There are quite a few players on our call list who don't have any offers in hand, and several of them don't have any program on their list but Amherst. Unfortunately, they look about as good as the guys who would sign up as walk-ons.

What should I do? I have some thinking to do, don't I?
Old 08-31-2024, 08:16 AM   #11
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

October 1, 2019

After thinking over our position a little more, I took a closer look at the players on our call list. I had been asking myself "Are they good enough to dominate the NEC?, and if my answer was "I don't think so," I was disregarding them. That wasn't a very helpful attitude. Amherst is one of the least significant programs in the country right now.

Now, when I look at a recruit, I'm asking myself "Can he do anything that can make us a better team?" Even if that "thing" is "give us a better option for ten minutes off the bench," that's an improvement.

I acquired that mindset honestly; it was the result of my experience with my last FBCB save. Graham Sims' first recruiting class at Lafayette contained Rhett King, Venceslás Castillo, Hubert Song, and James Sanders. The recruiting rankings gave King one star, Castillo two, and Song and Sanders three each.

That four-man class gave the Leopards 394 starts and 13,078 minutes of basketball. They earned seven spots on the All-Patriot League teams between them, each of them gaining that recognition at least once. Sanders, the Big Colonel, was Patriot League Player of the Year twice and a professional draft pick. Coach Sims' first recruiting class transformed the Lafayette program and propelled him into a Hall of Fame coaching career.

I'm in a very different position now. When Coach Sims started at Lafayette, the Leopards' Prestige was 27, and Coach Sims was 10 points better at Recruiting than Coach Whittaker is now. I can't expect to attract players as highly regarded as those in Coach Sims' first class.

But, on the other hand, Coach Sims and I found a hidden gem in one-star Rhett King, the original rebounding/shot blocking/defending Blue Collar Man. If I can mine more King-like treasures, who do two or three things well, Amherst will start winning more games.

I decided to stick with the four players I had offered for one more month, because I discovered some guys on my list who seem to be able to do a few basketball things fairly well and who don't have any interest in playing for anyone but us. If our first choices turn us down, I'll pursue some of these backup plans.
Old 08-31-2024, 10:36 AM   #12
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

November 1, 2019
Decision Day

Today, Carson Shears becomes the first recruit of the Toby Whittaker era at Amherst. Carson's potential as a shot blocker, an inside scorer, and a forceful rebounder--especially on the defensive glass--should earn him significant playing time as a freshman. Welcome to the Amherst family, Carson!

Josiah Pennington announces his commitment to Wesleyan, but our other two targets are still making up their minds. Michael Grigsby still prefers Bates and Doyle Cannon still lists Yale first, but we remain in the running for their signatures. Should I give them another month's worth of recruiting effort, or should I move on?

Shears' commitment checks one item off our "to-do list," a big man who should contribute early. We really need a lockdown perimeter defender; is there a likely candidate on our call list?

Bryan Currin is a promising option. He's a rangy, 6'4" guard from New York with a secure handle and the potential to develop into a good shooter and a fairly good defender. We're the only team on Bryan's list.

When I look at the players who have some interest in playing for us whom we haven't contacted, I see a few intriguing players. One of them is an Aussie point guard named Claude Audley, who averages almost four steals per game. He might be worth considering.

There's also Hans Fluegel, a "small" forward from Germany who packs 253 pounds on a 6'6" frame. His stat line suggests a versatile player who, not surprisingly, is comfortable playing close to the basket.

Evaluating Audley and Fluegel would cost us more than half of our recruiting budget. Neither of them have been spotted by any other programs yet.

I've decided to take one more shot at signing Grigsby and Cannon. We'll also offer a scholarship to Currin, and invite him to campus for a visit. I've added Fluegel and Audley to our call list, and we'll evaluate them next month, when we have the funds to do so.

Last edited by MoonlightGraham : 08-31-2024 at 02:51 PM.
Old 08-31-2024, 11:36 AM   #13
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

Here's the roster for the 2019/2020 Amherst Mammoths:
Code:
AMHERST General Player # Pos Yr Ht Wt Sch Acd Status Hometown -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Joseph Wells 1 PF Jr* 6-5 233 Yes 53 OK Fort Valley, GA Jesse Scott 3 PG Sr 6-2 194 Yes 45 OK Madison, IL David McQuiston 4 PG Jr 5-11 166 Yes 27 OK Attica, NY Matthew Kennedy 5 SF Sr 6-6 217 Yes 25 OK South Glens Falls, NY Léon Hespel 13 SF Sr* 6-7 216 Yes 39 OK Colmar, France Drew Lehr 15 C Sr 6-9 236 Yes 21 OK North Collins, NY Alan Rasberry 20 PG Fr 6-1 181 Yes 69 OK Bronx, NY Dominic Moss 23 PF Jr* 6-6 236 Yes 79 OK Siler City, NC Spencer Lund 24 C Fr* 6-9 223 Yes 47 OK Attica, NY Pierre Chauvin 25 C So 7-0 227 Yes 77 OK Carmel, NY Perry Jordan 33 SG Jr 6-3 176 Yes 23 OK Voorheesville, NY Anselme Catoire 34 PF Fr 6-8 245 No 54 OK Arnage, France Frederick Goff 41 C Fr* 6-11 317 No 68 OK Tyngsborough, MA Robert Wood 43 SG So 6-3 203 No 33 OK Wapato, WA Sam Riley 45 SF Jr* 6-4 215 Yes 79 OK Houston, TX

How did their first training camp with Coach Whittaker go?
Code:
AMHERST Training Results Player Ins Jps Fts 3ps Hnd Pas Orb Drb Psd Prd Stl Blk Qkn Str Jmp Sta -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Joseph Wells 2 1 1 0 1 0 3 1 3 0 2 2 1 3 0 10 Jesse Scott 0 2 1 1 9 9 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 7 David McQuiston 1 3 4 3 0 1 1 2 1 2 2 0 1 1 1 8 Matthew Kennedy 2 2 0 3 3 1 1 1 2 2 4 0 0 3 0 12 Léon Hespel 1 2 4 2 1 1 1 1 0 3 3 3 1 1 1 6 Drew Lehr 3 1 0 0 1 1 7 3 2 0 1 8 0 2 1 5 Alan Rasberry 2 2 4 4 4 6 0 0 0 2 2 0 3 4 1 28 Dominic Moss 4 1 2 0 3 1 8 4 3 2 3 5 2 3 1 5 Spencer Lund 2 1 1 0 1 1 2 0 2 1 1 2 0 3 1 10 Pierre Chauvin 9 3 1 1 3 1 4 2 3 0 1 7 2 5 0 12 Perry Jordan 3 3 5 5 5 1 2 2 2 2 2 1 0 1 0 7 Anselme Catoire 4 0 2 2 2 0 4 2 2 0 2 2 3 10 1 20 Frederick Goff 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 2 1 1 1 1 0 1 6 Robert Wood 0 1 1 1 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 6 Sam Riley 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 3 2 0 0 1 0 7

The team's star is senior point guard Jesse Scott. He's a highly skilled ballhandler and a creative passer, and he significantly improved both aspects of his game in camp. Jesse is one of the few Green players in the NEC, and we expect him to be among the league's top guards. He averaged 5.1 APG last season; don't be surprised if he surpasses that mark this year.

He'll be joined in the backcourt by junior Perry Jordan. Perry has started 61 games for the Mammoths, the most of any player on the roster. He's been a potent scorer; he averaged 16.1 PPG and should score his 1000th career point before the New Year. We'll have to keep an eye on Perry's academic standing, because he's a fairly indifferent student.

Senior Matthew Kennedy will start at small forward. Like Scott, he arrived as a JUCO transfer last season, and he made an impact from Day One with his scoring. Matthew is especially deadly from behind the arc (37.9% last season). His 14.2 PPG was second on the team.

Drew Lehr started 19 games last season, and he'll return to the starting five at power forward for his senior year. He's an aggressive rebounder, and he led the team with 7.8 RPG in 2019. Drew has some post moves in his toolbox, but he's a weak defender and a weak student.

Seven-foot sophomore Pierre Chauvin will be the starting center for the second straight season. Despite his Francophone name, he's from just across the border in eastern New York. Pierre's offensive ability and a knack for blocking shots sets him apart from the other bigs on our roster.

We're much deeper in the backcourt than we are up front. Junior David McQuiston and sophomore Alan Rasberry are the most talented reserves, but they'll possibly find playing time scarce with Scott and Jordan ahead of them. McQuiston is the better shooter and defender; Rasberry the better distributor.

The best of the reserve bigs is Dominic Moss. The redshirt junior started 12 games last year. He's a superb rebounder who averaged 7 boards per game last season. First years Spencer Lund and Anseleme Catoire are raw, but at least one of them will have to play. Lèon Hespel can provide an offensive boost off the bench. Catoire and Hespel are French imports.

The fact that last year's 12-win team was almost the best in Amherst history says a lot about the program. The Mammoths return all five players from last year's preferred starting lineup, so there's a chance we might be better this time around. Our AD expects us to avoid last place in the league, and I feel fairly confident of our chances to do that. I'd be delighted with a .500 season and a winning record in the NEC.

Last edited by MoonlightGraham : 08-31-2024 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-31-2024, 12:56 PM   #14
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

November 17, 2019
Code:
Amherst 99, Muhlenberg 91 (OT) --------------------------------------------------------- Muhlenberg (0-1, 0-0): Player Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts Eduard Halbritter C 33 6-11 3-3 4 6 0 3 16 Daniel Beam PF 37 4-13 0-0 4 13 3 3 8 William Howe SF 27 7-15 6-7 0 4 0 5 22 Deon Springer SG 37 1-7 3-4 0 3 6 5 6 Edward Pecoraro PG 41 6-12 5-5 2 4 6 4 17 James Poisson PF 18 5-7 1-1 1 5 2 3 12 Jamie Payton C 13 1-2 2-2 0 3 0 2 4 Jim Gleeson C 5 0-0 0-0 1 3 0 0 0 Bryan Helms SG 10 1-4 0-0 1 2 0 2 2 Carl Sullivan SF 4 1-1 1-3 0 1 0 0 4 Turnovers: 13 (D.Beam 3, W.Howe 3, E.Pecoraro 5, J.Payton 1, J.Gleeson 1) Blocked Shots: 3 (E.Halbritter 2, J.Payton 1) Steals: 3 (D.Beam 1, W.Howe 1, E.Pecoraro 1) 3P FGs: 6-24 (E.Halbritter 1-3, D.Beam 0-2, W.Howe 2-8, D.Springer 1-5, E.Pecoraro 0-2, J.Poisson 1-1, B.Helms 0-2, C.Sullivan 1-1) Amherst (1-0, 0-0): Player Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts Pierre Chauvin C 32 6-11 1-1 0 3 3 2 13 Drew Lehr PF 38 6-10 4-4 2 11 1 3 16 Matthew Kennedy SF 32 8-11 8-12 1 7 1 4 29 Perry Jordan SG 37 3-13 4-4 2 6 6 2 12 Jesse Scott PG 33 6-11 0-1 1 4 7 5 12 David McQuiston SG 13 1-4 1-2 0 1 2 0 4 Alan Rasberry SG 12 1-3 3-3 0 0 1 1 5 Dominic Moss PF 15 1-3 0-2 3 5 0 2 2 Robert Wood SG 4 0-2 0-0 1 1 0 0 0 Spencer Lund PF 5 2-2 2-3 0 0 1 1 6 L on Hespel SF 4 0-1 0-0 1 2 1 1 0 Turnovers: 8 (P.Chauvin 1, D.Lehr 1, M.Kennedy 1, P.Jordan 1, J.Scott 2, S.Lund 1, L.Hespel 1) Blocked Shots: 3 (P.Chauvin 1, D.Lehr 1, M.Kennedy 1) Steals: 6 (P.Chauvin 1, D.Lehr 1, M.Kennedy 1, P.Jordan 2, J.Scott 1) 3P FGs: 8-22 (M.Kennedy 5-6, P.Jordan 2-10, D.McQuiston 1-3, A.Rasberry 0-1, R.Wood 0-1, L.Hespel 0-1) Player of Game: SF Matthew Kennedy (AMH)
The Toby Whittaker era begins with an exciting overtime victory that delighted a big crowd at LeFrak Gymnasium. Matthew Kennedy was the star, hitting all five of his three-point tries and finishing with 29 points. Our guards produced 13 assists with only 3 turnovers.

We recovered from the shock of a 7-0 run by the Mules that sent the game into overtime, winning the extra period 14-6.
Record: 1-0.

November 21, 2019
Code:
Amherst 93, Yale 86 -------------------------------------------------------- Amherst (2-0, 0-0): Player Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts Pierre Chauvin C 26 7-8 3-6 2 8 1 4 17 Drew Lehr PF 34 5-11 9-12 4 9 1 3 19 Matthew Kennedy SF 32 7-14 7-7 0 1 2 1 25 Perry Jordan SG 32 3-10 2-4 1 4 4 4 8 Jesse Scott PG 31 3-3 1-2 1 6 6 4 7 David McQuiston SG 9 1-2 1-2 0 2 2 0 4 Alan Rasberry PG 9 0-1 0-1 0 1 1 0 0 Dominic Moss PF 13 2-3 2-4 1 6 1 1 6 Robert Wood SG 4 1-1 2-3 0 0 1 0 4 Spencer Lund PF 7 1-1 1-2 0 1 0 2 3 Léon Hespel SF 3 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 Turnovers: 14 (D.Lehr 2, M.Kennedy 4, P.Jordan 3, J.Scott 2, A.Rasberry 2, S.Lund 1) Blocked Shots: 2 (P.Chauvin 2) Steals: 4 (P.Chauvin 1, M.Kennedy 1, J.Scott 1, R.Wood 1) 3P FGs: 5-19 (M.Kennedy 4-10, P.Jordan 0-6, D.McQuiston 1-2, A.Rasberry 0-1) Yale (0-1, 0-0): Player Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts Thomas Delaney PF 15 2-4 2-2 3 6 1 5 6 Kevin McGehee PF 10 0-0 0-0 0 1 0 5 0 Tony Price SF 29 6-12 0-0 1 3 1 2 12 Robby Davis SG 21 4-10 2-4 0 2 2 3 11 Tad Parson PG 31 3-9 2-2 0 3 5 3 10 Kelly Mattox SG 11 2-3 1-2 1 3 3 5 6 Devon Casteel SG 19 6-7 1-2 0 2 1 4 15 Jose Riley PG 8 2-4 3-3 1 2 1 0 7 Tim Crook C 21 3-7 3-6 2 4 1 5 10 Billy McCown C 21 2-5 0-0 1 6 2 3 4 Andre Thomas PF 12 2-5 0-0 2 2 1 2 5 Turnovers: 14 (T.Delaney 2, T.Price 1, R.Davis 2, T.Parson 4, K.Mattox 1, D.Casteel 2, T.Crook 2) Blocked Shots: 1 (T.Crook 1) Steals: 3 (R.Davis 1, B.McCown 2) 3P FGs: 8-17 (T.Price 0-1, R.Davis 1-3, T.Parson 2-4, K.Mattox 1-1, D.Casteel 2-3, J.Riley 0-1, T.Crook 1-2, B.McCown 0-1, A.Thomas 1-1) Player of Game: C Pierre Chauvin (AMH)
Big games from all three frontcourt starters result in a victory in a road game at Yale.

Matthew Kennedy once again lights up the scoreboard, but it's the all-around excellence of Pierre Chauvin that makes him the PotG.

We score in the nineties again...without much contribution from Perry Jordan, who is 2-for-16 from behind the arc. Perry entered the season shooting 40 percent from deep for his career, so I'm not concerned yet.
Record: 2-0.

November 24, 2019
Code:
Amherst 88, Fairfield 64 ---------------------------------------------------------- Amherst (3-0, 0-0): Player Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts Pierre Chauvin C 24 5-8 2-2 1 4 0 3 12 Drew Lehr PF 26 4-6 1-1 5 10 4 4 9 Matthew Kennedy SG 29 5-13 4-6 1 3 1 2 18 Perry Jordan SF 31 8-15 3-3 0 5 2 3 22 Jesse Scott PG 26 5-8 0-0 1 4 6 4 10 David McQuiston PG 12 4-7 0-2 0 1 0 0 9 Alan Rasberry PG 12 1-4 0-0 0 0 0 1 3 Dominic Moss PF 14 1-1 1-2 1 6 1 2 3 Robert Wood SG 6 0-1 0-0 1 1 1 0 0 Spencer Lund C 13 0-1 0-0 1 4 2 1 0 Léon Hespel SF 3 0-0 2-2 0 2 0 0 2 Joseph Wells PF 3 0-0 0-0 0 1 0 0 0 Turnovers: 13 (P.Chauvin 1, D.Lehr 1, M.Kennedy 1, P.Jordan 1, J.Scott 4, D.McQuiston 2, R.Wood 1, S.Lund 1, L.Hespel 1) Blocked Shots: 1 (D.Moss 1) Steals: 5 (P.Chauvin 2, M.Kennedy 3) 3P FGs: 9-23 (M.Kennedy 4-10, P.Jordan 3-9, D.McQuiston 1-1, A.Rasberry 1-2, R.Wood 0-1) Fairfield (1-3, 0-0): Player Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts Wallace Plumb C 32 2-6 7-12 2 3 0 1 11 Steven Leija PF 27 1-7 5-6 2 8 0 4 7 Norris Cook SF 20 2-6 0-0 3 6 0 1 4 Wesley Pereyra SG 28 3-10 2-3 2 3 2 2 11 Bret Labbe PG 26 4-9 2-4 0 1 1 2 13 Kevin Johnson SG 12 1-1 0-0 0 1 0 0 2 Royce Tomlin PG 14 2-5 0-0 2 5 2 1 4 Calvin Harp SF 15 1-4 0-0 1 2 1 1 3 Richard McDonald PF 18 1-4 2-2 1 6 1 2 4 August Alejandro SF 7 2-5 0-0 1 2 0 1 5 Turnovers: 16 (W.Plumb 2, S.Leija 1, N.Cook 4, W.Pereyra 4, R.Tomlin 2, C.Harp 1, R.McDonald 2) Blocked Shots: 1 (R.Tomlin 1) Steals: 3 (N.Cook 1, K.Johnson 2) 3P FGs: 8-23 (W.Plumb 0-1, N.Cook 0-1, W.Pereyra 3-9, B.Labbe 3-4, R.Tomlin 0-2, C.Harp 1-2, A.Alejandro 1-4) Player of Game: SF Perry Jordan (AMH)
Another journey to the Connecticut coast turns out well, as we return with our third straight victory.

Perry Jordan begins to awaken from his offensive slump, and Matthew Kennedy continues to find the basket with regularity.

Meanwhile, Drew Lehr is averaging a double-double; he steps up tonight to cover for a rough night from Pierre Chauvin.
Record: 3-0.

November 29, 2019
Code:
Davidson 87, Amherst 63 -------------------------------------------------------- Amherst (3-1, 0-0): Player Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts Pierre Chauvin C 17 4-6 4-8 2 4 1 4 12 Drew Lehr PF 31 1-11 3-5 5 11 0 3 5 Matthew Kennedy SF 26 4-10 1-3 1 3 4 4 10 Perry Jordan SF 30 5-12 2-2 0 2 0 1 14 Jesse Scott PG 32 2-4 2-2 4 7 6 1 6 David McQuiston SG 12 1-3 0-0 0 1 1 2 3 Alan Rasberry SG 10 1-4 0-0 1 1 1 4 3 Dominic Moss PF 14 1-6 0-0 3 5 1 2 2 Robert Wood SG 2 0-1 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 Spencer Lund C 14 1-4 2-2 1 2 1 1 4 Léon Hespel SF 8 0-2 2-2 1 2 0 1 2 Joseph Wells PF 4 1-2 0-0 1 1 0 0 2 Turnovers: 9 (P.Chauvin 1, D.Lehr 4, P.Jordan 1, J.Scott 1, D.McQuiston 1, S.Lund 1) Blocked Shots: 2 (P.Chauvin 1, P.Jordan 1) Steals: 1 (P.Jordan 1) 3P FGs: 5-21 (M.Kennedy 1-4, P.Jordan 2-6, D.McQuiston 1-3, A.Rasberry 1-3, D.Moss 0-2, R.Wood 0-1, L.Hespel 0-2) Davidson (3-1, 0-0): Player Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts Joseph Farrell C 28 4-5 2-2 1 7 1 3 10 William Salinas PF 24 1-1 4-6 1 6 1 4 6 Bud Silva SF 31 10-20 8-9 3 7 2 2 30 Chris Eshelman SG 32 3-6 3-3 3 3 4 3 10 Jerrell Cummins PG 28 2-10 6-6 0 4 2 0 11 Dave Cantu PG 16 2-3 1-1 1 2 0 0 6 Garrett Dalton PG 4 0-1 3-5 0 0 0 0 3 Charles Kenyon C 20 2-4 1-2 2 5 0 2 6 Freddy Brown SF 8 1-2 1-2 0 2 0 2 3 Tyree Hoekstra PF 7 1-1 0-0 1 3 1 1 2 Scottie Rusk SF 1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 William McCoy C 1 0-0 0-0 0 1 1 0 0 Turnovers: 8 (W.Salinas 2, B.Silva 1, J.Cummins 2, D.Cantu 1, C.Kenyon 1, F.Brown 1) Blocked Shots: 5 (J.Farrell 1, B.Silva 1, C.Kenyon 2, W.McCoy 1) Steals: 4 (B.Silva 1, C.Eshelman 1, D.Cantu 2) 3P FGs: 6-22 (B.Silva 2-9, C.Eshelman 1-2, J.Cummins 1-5, D.Cantu 1-2, G.Dalton 0-1, C.Kenyon 1-2, F.Brown 0-1) Player of Game: SF Bud Silva (DAVDS)
A very good Davidson team breaks the spell with a complete performance.

The Wildcats do a much better job defending us, holding us to 21-for-65 shooting and 5-for-21 from three-point range.

We're going to have to tighten up defensively, or we'll find ourselves losing to teams, like tonight's opponent, who can slow our roll.
Record: 3-1.
Old 08-31-2024, 09:55 PM   #15
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

December 1, 2019

Persistence pays off this time, as Doyle Cannon announces his commitment to play for us today!

If we've scouted Doyle's defensive ability accurately, he would be the second-best perimeter defender on the team right now. Unless we've mis-evaluated him really badly, he'll be good enough to join our backcourt rotation from Day One.

Michael Grigsby is still making up his mind. He continues to prefer Bates, and he rates his interest in our program as High. Bryan Currin is also still waiting to decide, although we're the only program he has on his list.

I'm looking forward to seeing what our scout sees in Claude Audley and Hans Fluegel, both of whom we're paying the money to evaluate this month. Both are given only one star by the recruiting experts, but (1) they could be wrong and (2) even if they're not, Claude and Hans might still be very useful players.

If Michael and Bryan commit next month, it might not matter.
Old 09-03-2024, 11:03 AM   #16
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

December 1, 2019
Code:
Amherst 68, Franklin & Marshall 66 --------------------------------------------------------- Amherst (4-1, 0-0): Player Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts Pierre Chauvin C 29 7-12 0-0 2 8 3 1 14 Drew Lehr PF 33 2-8 2-2 7 11 0 3 6 Matthew Kennedy SF 31 5-16 3-3 1 3 0 1 16 Perry Jordan SG 30 6-9 1-2 3 7 3 4 15 Jesse Scott PG 35 5-16 0-0 0 3 4 1 11 David McQuiston SG 10 1-3 0-0 0 3 0 1 2 Alan Rasberry SG 10 1-2 0-0 0 0 1 1 2 Dominic Moss PF 13 1-5 0-0 3 4 1 2 2 Spencer Lund PF 5 0-0 0-0 1 1 1 1 0 Léon Hespel SF 3 0-0 0-0 0 0 1 1 0 Joseph Wells PF 1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 Turnovers: 11 (P.Chauvin 1, M.Kennedy 1, P.Jordan 2, J.Scott 3, D.McQuiston 1, A.Rasberry 1, D.Moss 2) Blocked Shots: 2 (D.Lehr 1, D.Moss 1) Steals: 7 (P.Chauvin 2, D.Lehr 1, M.Kennedy 1, J.Scott 3) 3P FGs: 6-20 (M.Kennedy 3-10, P.Jordan 2-4, J.Scott 1-2, D.McQuiston 0-1, A.Rasberry 0-1, D.Moss 0-2) Franklin & Marshall (0-4, 0-0): Player Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts Charles Taylor C 20 3-4 1-2 2 5 1 3 7 Dominique Ortiz PF 30 7-13 2-3 6 15 2 1 16 Jaime Bridges SF 21 1-8 4-8 1 3 0 0 6 Ricardo Perez SG 28 7-17 1-2 1 1 5 0 17 Lamont Self PG 29 2-2 0-1 3 4 4 2 5 Tony Martin SG 18 0-5 0-0 1 2 0 1 0 Randy Thomas PG 5 2-3 0-0 0 0 0 0 4 Royal Maples SF 19 4-5 0-2 0 6 0 3 10 Paul Birt C 19 0-3 1-2 4 9 2 1 1 Jack Wells C 8 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 1 0 Chris Carter PF 2 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 Turnovers: 18 (C.Taylor 2, D.Ortiz 3, J.Bridges 1, R.Perez 2, L.Self 1, T.Martin 3, R.Maples 4, P.Birt 1, C.Carter 1) Blocked Shots: 1 (P.Birt 1) Steals: 5 (D.Ortiz 1, L.Self 1, R.Maples 2, P.Birt 1) 3P FGs: 5-12 (J.Bridges 0-1, R.Perez 2-7, L.Self 1-1, T.Martin 0-1, R.Maples 2-2) Player of Game: C Pierre Chauvin (AMH)
A three-point dagger from Matt Kennedy and a big, big defensive stop on the Diplomats' final possession seal an exciting away victory that runs our record to a sweet 4-1.

All five starters make significant contributions, especially Pierre Chauvin, who does a little bit of everything.
Record: 4-1.

December 7, 2019
Code:
Amherst 89, Haverford 81 -------------------------------------------------------- Haverford (1-4, 0-0): Player Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts Paul King C 35 4-8 0-0 6 14 2 4 8 Hugh Carnes PF 27 2-7 0-0 1 7 0 5 4 Jack Williams SF 25 6-16 8-8 0 4 3 3 21 Elliot Dumas SG 33 3-7 2-2 0 3 4 5 11 Delmar Brannen PG 31 5-8 1-1 1 2 8 2 12 Michael Daniels PG 15 5-10 2-2 0 2 3 2 13 Cory Hostetler PF 14 0-3 0-0 0 1 0 2 0 Arlie Jones SF 15 3-8 4-6 0 1 1 1 12 Erick Bailey PF 4 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 Turnovers: 9 (P.King 1, H.Carnes 1, J.Williams 2, E.Dumas 1, D.Brannen 1, C.Hostetler 1, A.Jones 2) Blocked Shots: 1 (H.Carnes 1) Steals: 5 (H.Carnes 1, J.Williams 1, E.Dumas 1, D.Brannen 2) 3P FGs: 8-26 (J.Williams 1-5, E.Dumas 3-6, D.Brannen 1-3, M.Daniels 1-4, C.Hostetler 0-2, A.Jones 2-6) Amherst (5-1, 0-0): Player Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts Pierre Chauvin C 29 4-11 6-8 3 8 2 1 14 Drew Lehr PF 34 3-6 4-8 4 9 1 1 10 Matthew Kennedy SF 33 12-23 4-8 4 10 3 3 35 Perry Jordan SG 22 5-13 5-6 2 8 1 4 15 Jesse Scott PG 30 2-4 2-2 2 6 10 4 6 David McQuiston SG 13 0-3 2-4 1 3 1 0 2 Alan Rasberry SG 15 0-0 0-0 0 1 0 3 0 Dominic Moss PF 11 1-2 0-0 1 4 0 0 2 Robert Wood SG 4 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 1 0 Spencer Lund PF 6 0-0 2-2 0 0 1 0 2 L on Hespel SF 3 1-2 0-0 0 0 0 1 3 Turnovers: 12 (P.Chauvin 1, D.Lehr 1, M.Kennedy 4, P.Jordan 1, J.Scott 3, A.Rasberry 1, D.Moss 1) Blocked Shots: 3 (D.Lehr 2, D.Moss 1) Steals: 5 (M.Kennedy 1, P.Jordan 1, J.Scott 1, D.McQuiston 1, S.Lund 1) 3P FGs: 8-23 (M.Kennedy 7-16, P.Jordan 0-5, D.McQuiston 0-1, L.Hespel 1-1) Player of Game: SF Matthew Kennedy (AMH)
Back home in the Connecticut Valley, the Mammoths spot the visiting Fords a 33-30 halftime advantage before turning up the tempo in a furious second half.

Matthew Kennedy is electric, the big men play well, and Jesse Scott leads the band like a maestro. More of this, please.
Record: 5-1.

December 9, 2019
Code:
Amherst 88, Ball State 69 --------------------------------------------------------- Ball State (5-2, 0-0): Player Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts Zacarías Rubio C 16 0-1 0-0 1 3 2 4 0 Lynn Faught PF 29 2-8 3-5 0 4 2 3 7 Johnnie Robertson SF 16 3-8 2-2 0 1 1 4 10 Linwood Adams SG 25 6-9 2-2 0 4 2 4 16 Phillip Soler SF 24 1-7 2-2 5 5 2 2 5 Edward Palomo SG 16 2-7 2-2 1 4 2 3 7 Trevor Love PG 20 2-4 3-4 1 5 0 0 8 James Hunter PG 2 0-1 0-0 0 1 1 0 0 Ramon Lotz SG 10 1-2 0-0 1 3 0 1 2 Melvin Blanc SF 7 3-4 0-0 1 1 0 3 6 Robert Hawk SF 1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 Timothy Leigh PF 17 2-5 2-4 3 4 0 1 6 Richard Mason C 18 1-4 0-0 0 3 1 4 2 Turnovers: 18 (Z.Rubio 1, L.Faught 1, J.Robertson 1, L.Adams 3, P.Soler 3, E.Palomo 1, R.Lotz 3, T.Leigh 2, R.Mason 3) Blocked Shots: 0 Steals: 8 (J.Robertson 2, L.Adams 1, P.Soler 2, T.Love 2, R.Lotz 1) 3P FGs: 7-19 (J.Robertson 2-3, L.Adams 2-3, P.Soler 1-4, E.Palomo 1-4, T.Love 1-3, R.Lotz 0-1, T.Leigh 0-1) Amherst (6-1, 0-0): Player Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts Pierre Chauvin C 27 4-7 5-7 2 5 0 1 13 Drew Lehr PF 32 3-4 3-4 4 11 2 3 9 Matthew Kennedy SF 30 8-16 4-5 0 0 3 4 25 Perry Jordan SF 32 5-15 6-8 1 11 2 1 18 Jesse Scott PG 31 5-9 1-3 1 2 4 1 12 David McQuiston SG 11 0-3 0-0 0 1 1 2 0 Alan Rasberry SG 9 1-2 4-4 0 0 0 0 6 Dominic Moss PF 12 0-0 0-0 3 5 0 4 0 Robert Wood SG 1 0-0 0-0 0 1 0 0 0 Spencer Lund C 8 0-1 1-2 0 2 1 0 1 Léon Hespel SF 6 1-1 2-4 0 0 0 0 4 Joseph Wells PF 1 0-0 0-0 1 1 0 0 0 Turnovers: 14 (P.Chauvin 2, P.Jordan 4, J.Scott 6, A.Rasberry 1, L.Hespel 1) Blocked Shots: 7 (P.Chauvin 1, D.Lehr 4, D.Moss 1, S.Lund 1) Steals: 6 (D.Lehr 1, P.Jordan 3, S.Lund 1, L.Hespel 1) 3P FGs: 8-24 (M.Kennedy 5-10, P.Jordan 2-8, J.Scott 1-3, D.McQuiston 0-3) Player of Game: SF Matthew Kennedy (AMH)
This is a big win for us. Ball State enters the game ranked #25 in the Mid-Major poll. Their Prestige is 36, and they play in the Mid-American Conference, a solid Level 3 league.

Matthew Kennedy moves into 9th place on the national scoring leaderboard with another productive game. He's the NEC's leading scorer; we also boast the top rebounder (Drew Lehr) and assist man (Jesse Scott).

Our seniors are playing like men, and that bodes well for our continued success.
Record: 6-1.

December 11, 2019
Code:
Amherst 71, Maine 54 --------------------------------------------------------- Amherst (7-1, 0-0): Player Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts Pierre Chauvin C 21 2-7 1-2 0 2 0 3 5 Drew Lehr PF 32 3-8 3-3 5 13 0 3 9 Matthew Kennedy SF 31 6-16 4-4 0 2 1 2 19 Perry Jordan SG 23 3-9 0-0 2 9 3 4 8 Jesse Scott PG 33 1-4 1-2 1 4 9 0 3 David McQuiston SG 13 2-4 1-2 3 4 0 2 7 Alan Rasberry SG 15 2-5 1-2 1 4 1 1 7 Dominic Moss PF 15 3-5 2-2 4 8 1 1 8 Spencer Lund PF 12 0-1 0-0 1 2 0 1 0 Léon Hespel SF 5 2-2 0-0 0 0 0 1 5 Joseph Wells PF 1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 Turnovers: 13 (P.Chauvin 3, D.Lehr 3, M.Kennedy 1, J.Scott 2, D.McQuiston 1, A.Rasberry 1, D.Moss 2) Blocked Shots: 1 (D.Lehr 1) Steals: 2 (P.Chauvin 1, P.Jordan 1) 3P FGs: 10-25 (M.Kennedy 3-12, P.Jordan 2-5, D.McQuiston 2-3, A.Rasberry 2-4, L.Hespel 1-1) Maine (4-4, 0-0): Player Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts Rene Woods C 25 1-5 2-4 2 7 0 4 4 James Jones PF 25 1-4 2-2 1 7 2 2 4 Jason Easley SF 26 0-6 4-8 1 3 1 4 4 Tony Waggoner SG 31 9-18 2-2 1 4 0 3 22 John Jones PG 27 2-6 1-2 0 0 0 1 6 Keith Jonas PG 12 1-1 1-2 0 2 1 2 4 Charles Landers SG 14 0-1 0-0 0 1 1 0 0 Tyrone Gallion PG 3 1-1 1-2 0 0 0 0 4 Calvin Alejandro SF 6 0-2 0-0 0 1 1 0 0 Emerson Porter PF 13 0-5 0-0 2 3 0 1 0 Gerald Johnston C 14 3-4 0-0 1 4 0 1 6 Freddy Lawson PF 2 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 Turnovers: 10 (R.Woods 4, J.Jones 1, J.Easley 3, J.Jones 1, K.Jonas 1) Blocked Shots: 2 (J.Jones 1, F.Lawson 1) Steals: 7 (J.Jones 1, J.Easley 1, T.Waggoner 3, J.Jones 2) 3P FGs: 5-17 (R.Woods 0-1, J.Jones 0-2, T.Waggoner 2-6, J.Jones 1-3, K.Jonas 1-1, T.Gallion 1-1, C.Alejandro 0-2, E.Porter 0-1) Player of Game: SG Tony Waggoner (MAINE)
We allow a fine guard, Tony Waggoner, to score 22 points, but we handle everyone else in Maine colors and pick up another win on the road. Honestly, the game's over by halftime, and quite a few Black Bears fans aren't around for the final whistle.

They miss Lèon Hespel's five points in five minutes and an eye-popping dunk from Dominic Moss, but they probably wouldn't have enjoyed those events anyway.

I wonder if we'll appear in the Mid-Major poll next week?
Record: 7-1.
Old 09-07-2024, 01:09 AM   #17
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Looking forward to my annual return to this game in the fall.