Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-05-2024, 07:33 PM   #1201
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
What were the comments?

The bold is the parts Fox news edited out.

Quote:
Q: Everyone's talking about I know you talkedearlier about I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist so if you were presidentwould you declassify you can answer yes or no to these. Would you declassify the 911 um files?
DJT: Yeah.
Q: Would you declassify JFK files?
DJT: Yeah.
Q: Would you---
DJT: I did I did a lot of it.
Q: Would you declassify theEpstein files?DJT: (Hesitating) Yeah. Yeah I would. (Hesitating) All right I guess I would I think that less so because you know you don't know you don't want to affect people's lives if it's phony stuff in there cuz there a lot of phony stuff with that whole world uh but I think I would or at least—
Q: Do you think that would restore trust help restore trust?
DJT: Yeah I I don't know about Epstein so much as I do the others certainly about the way he died it would be interesting to find out what happened there because that was a weird situation and the cameras didn't happen to be working etc. etc. but you I'd go a long way toward that one uh the other stuff. I would I would definitely do the January 6th because yeah oh beyond all of them because what happened…

Last edited by Atocep : 06-05-2024 at 07:33 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 09:30 PM   #1202
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

It's actually somewhat easy to see how so many people are brainwashed into Trumpism. I'm in another show lately and rehearsals we are borrowing space frtom severeal churches. Now we've all seen basic setups...where there is a church and a rectory and a school. There's that. And those have classes and whatever too. But then there are ritzy churches that have all that plus lots of multipurpose rooms and space and chapel. Not just for mass but like those have adult classes and children's classes and bible study and discussion and whatever....things constantly happening....and then there are sprawling campuses... Remember the Branch Davidians in Waco? Yes those are everywhere too. So many buildings all jammed to the gills with rooms and auditoriuums and spaces and tvs and security and whatever. It's just a lifestyle at that point. They grow up in it. They live it. They volunteer at it. All these I've seen lately are vaguely Christian. I mean when everyone around you constantly says it, and this is what you believe you also have to say and believe RE: trump...you don't understand anything else.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 07:05 AM   #1203
Flasch186
Coordinator

If only they could see that trump is about as anti Christian tenet as they come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 07:21 AM   #1204
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
If only they could see that trump is about as anti Christian tenet as they come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They know he is but he hates the same people they do and was responsible for overturning Roe so they embrace him.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 08:23 AM   #1205
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

The central tenet of American Christianity has always been hate, it's not surprising it's always gravitated towards people like Trump.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 08:51 AM   #1206
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Jon:

Out of everyone on this board, you would be the one with insight into this question:

When Trump finally exits the scene, is there an heir apparent? Is there someone who you think will likely be the leader of the post-Trump Sr. MAGA movement?

Every "MAGA without Trump" person who has tried (DeSantis, Ramaswamy, etc.) has failed. But Trump's still around, so of course they failed. They, IMO, came out too early. But I wonder if there is someone out there that isn't generally thought of yet as the next MAGA leader by the general public, but if you're on the MAGA message boards and you read between the lines, you have a sense that this guy's just patiently waiting to take over when the time is right. Anyone like that?

Or do you just see a massive game of thrones where who the hell knows what happens to the empire when the king dies?

I only saw this question today, sorry for the delayed reply. (I try to limit my presence in this thread to every 2-3 days at most, reduces my ban chances)

I think cuervo's comment about Don, Jr isn't the most unlikely thing. If he wants the mantle, there's a good chance he could get it.

My next most likely guesses would be the game of thrones scenario OR someone Trump specifically, personally, and fervently anointed.

On a side note -- and no, I don't consider it pejorative or anything so no sweat at all, I just feel like I should clarify --

I couldn't tell you the last time I got near a message board for Trump or hardly any candidate. I simply know, both quite well and in passing, a pretty high number of people that are involved on multiple levels of support. I know people who've done the caravans/bus tours last time around, I know people working in/with the campaign in DC, and in Georgia.

Some are well 'round the bend in their support, others are more ... grounded about it. And one or two haven't really spoken to me since I made my full support of DeSantis known.
Old 06-06-2024, 11:45 AM   #1207
Atocep
Coordinator

Bannon ordered to report to prison July 1st.
Old 06-06-2024, 12:24 PM   #1208
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Bannon ordered to report to prison July 1st.

woot! no pardon for you Steve
Old 06-06-2024, 12:30 PM   #1209
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

He should have been ordered to go there immediately. Now he gets 3 more weeks to spit vile rhetoric to his unhinged masses.
Old 06-06-2024, 03:33 PM   #1210
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
He should have been ordered to go there immediately. Now he gets 3 more weeks to spit vile rhetoric to his unhinged masses.

Lol no one listens to Steve anymore
Old 06-06-2024, 03:54 PM   #1211
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
woot! no pardon for you Steve

Not yet at least.

The main guy I’m PO’d about is Guliani. How’s he still not even disbarred? I know it’s in the process but com’on …
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 04:22 PM   #1212
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Bannon's lawyer was the last person to see Jeffrey Epstein alive.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 04:25 PM   #1213
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yeah he's shown no remorse no admitting that he was wrong for any of it, seems like disbarrment is on the way soon for him.
Old 06-06-2024, 04:39 PM   #1214
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Bannon's lawyer was the last person to see Jeffrey Epstein alive.

It was one of the Godfather movies where the consiglerie (sp?) spoke to the rat in prison (do the right thing, we’ll take care of your family) and he off’d himself.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 08:06 PM   #1215
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

can ALL of trump's lawyers be disbarred?
Old 06-07-2024, 06:42 AM   #1216
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I only saw this question today, sorry for the delayed reply. (I try to limit my presence in this thread to every 2-3 days at most, reduces my ban chances)

I think cuervo's comment about Don, Jr isn't the most unlikely thing. If he wants the mantle, there's a good chance he could get it.

My next most likely guesses would be the game of thrones scenario OR someone Trump specifically, personally, and fervently anointed.

On a side note -- and no, I don't consider it pejorative or anything so no sweat at all, I just feel like I should clarify --

I couldn't tell you the last time I got near a message board for Trump or hardly any candidate. I simply know, both quite well and in passing, a pretty high number of people that are involved on multiple levels of support. I know people who've done the caravans/bus tours last time around, I know people working in/with the campaign in DC, and in Georgia.

Some are well 'round the bend in their support, others are more ... grounded about it. And one or two haven't really spoken to me since I made my full support of DeSantis known.

Thanks for the insight. If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say it ends up being Don Jr. with Ivanka pulling strings behind the scenes. But it'll be kind of crazy getting there. One thing history has shown is that when you have a large group of people looking for a leader, there are no shortage of volunteers willing to step up and fight to be that leader.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 10:18 AM   #1217
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Thanks for the insight. If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say it ends up being Don Jr. with Ivanka pulling strings behind the scenes. But it'll be kind of crazy getting there. One thing history has shown is that when you have a large group of people looking for a leader, there are no shortage of volunteers willing to stp up and fight to be that leader.

I'd honestly be surprised if Ivanka gets anywhere near politics once her dad is gone. I think Don Jr and Eric both try to take the throne. Eric is a moron, though, and Don Jr is coked out of his mind most the time so I'm not sure it really goes anywhere. Neither have the charisma and survival instincts their dad has.

I don't think MAGA works without Trump. He's created a kingdom where he's the unquestioned king and he won't allow anyone else to have enough air to carve out a name for themselves. I see a splinter group prevailing once he's gone, led by someone like Tom Cotton.
Old 06-07-2024, 11:42 AM   #1218
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

No political figure has inspired the kind of reverence Trump has. For literally tens of millions he is as much a religious symbol as he is a politician. The only other one who has ever come close is Hitler.

There is no denying he has inspired millions to vote who otherwise wouldn't have. Granted it is the worst kind of people, but their votes still count. I don't think there is anyone who could take his place. He is truly one of a kind.

This is why I think the GOP is in real trouble. Once Trump is gone, either dead or god forbid serves a second term, the party is going to see a real fracture between the pre Trump version and the MAGA version that will tried to be held together, likely by Don Jr., Vivek, or some other Trump "light" candidate but they won't have the same cache and the movement likely dies but takes anough votes with them that the pre Trump group, likely lead by people like Haley, Suunuu, Larry Hogan, won't get enough support.
Old 06-07-2024, 02:51 PM   #1219
RainMaker
General Manager

No one can replace him. They've tried for years but can't capture his charisma. Hate him all you want, but he's far more entertaining and personable than any of his imitators.

While he's done some dumb stuff, he's got better political instincts than those trying to emulate him. He understands when something is "off" to people. Copycats go overboard and come across as weird. DeSantis wanting to inspect your kids genitals. Noem bragging about killing the family dog. He knew precisely when to bow out of the anti-woke stuff before it got creepy.

And I think a big part of that is Trump doesn't care about the issues like those other people. He just wants to win and be the center of attention. He talked a big game on the campaign trail but mostly governed like any other establishment Republican. He'll do a complete 180 on an issue like banning TikTok if he sees it as a path to winning (which was a smart decision).

So when he is gone, I think that era kind of ends. Maybe there's an entertainer or businessman who has charisma and experience working the public. But I jdon't see any current politician or family member of his matching the weird, chaotic energy he has.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2024, 10:25 PM   #1220
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Today Trump argued against electric boats because when they sink he might have to decide between being electrocuted by the battery or being eaten by a shark.
Old Yesterday, 07:52 AM   #1221
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Deep thoughts, by Don Grandy.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:07 AM   #1222
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Make Shark Attacks Great Again
Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM   #1223
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

MTG compared Trump to Jesus yesterday. Totally normal.
Old Yesterday, 08:27 AM   #1224
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Today Trump argued against electric boats because when they sink he might have to decide between being electrocuted by the battery or being eaten by a shark.

The best part of it (and I do recommend watching it b/c whether you love Trump or not, it is pretty funny) is when he is explaining how he asked this MIT scientist about having to choose between being electrocuted by the sinking boat or being eaten by the shark, and the scientist said that no one had ever asked that question before.

*That* I beleive.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:33 AM   #1225
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Didn't we learn in Jaws Pt 24 that sharks can also be electrocuted?

Or maybe Sharknado? Surely Mark Paul Gosselaar has some thoughts on this issue.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : Yesterday at 08:34 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote