Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-15-2024, 07:14 PM   #301
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
that national anthem for the home run derby was... well... offkey?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2024, 07:15 PM   #302
Atocep
Coordinator

Igress Andress surpasses Fergie for worst national anthem and the guy from SNL that did player intros was trying to be funny and it was bad.

I don't know why they feel the need for all this stuff before a homerun derby.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2024, 07:17 PM   #303
Atocep
Coordinator

Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2024, 07:20 PM   #304
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I just played Carl Lewis for my daughter and it was 100 times better than that chick. Because even he immediately knew when he was off. She sucked through every note and maintained some kind of tortured artist pose/face through it all like she was channeling Kurt Cobain or something.

Horrid.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-15-2024 at 07:20 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2024, 07:21 PM   #305
Ksyrup

Simon Cowell would have cut her mic after 20 seconds.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-15-2024, 08:10 PM   #306
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Alonsos pitcher fucked him
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2024, 12:58 PM   #307
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Ingrid Andress Says 'I Was Drunk' During National Anthem Performance
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2024, 01:49 PM   #308
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Of course she also literally said "I’ll let y’all know how rehab is. I hear it’s super fun.” so I'm not sure how seriously anyone should actually take her claim or her apology.
Old 07-16-2024, 02:16 PM   #309
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Of course she also literally said "I’ll let y’all know how rehab is. I hear it’s super fun.” so I'm not sure how seriously anyone should actually take her claim or her apology.

"Sorry for my flippant comment, I was hungover."
Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM   #310
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Well, I'm back from Texas. Overall I had a great time!
It was certainly memorable to have been there to hear that anthem live. The guy in front of me just turned around and said "WTF!". People were just buzzing about it.
Thanks Cartman for the BBQ suggestion. We ended up going to the Heim BBQ, it was delicious. Very informal place, and the food was fantastic. The funny story about this one was that we had just ubered around a few times to and from the ballpark to our hotel in Fort Worth. I was there with my boss and he suggested that we walk 1.6 miles to build up our appetites. No problem, I do that walk every morning before starting to work, it should be easy. Only thing is ... 100 degrees. My Canadian body ain't used to that. Excessive sweat was produced once I got into the air conditioned restaurant. I should have noticed that absolutely nobody else were walking in the city.

Fort Worth is a beautiful city, everything was super clean and new looking. Far less homeless people than any other city I've been to recently. I really loved the feel of the city. People were friendly, service was great.

We did the Stockyards in Fort Worth and I saw my first Longhorn. It was pretty crazy how big the horns get! They didn't seem very functional! As soon as you crossed the river out of Fort Worth, it was like you jumped into a different universe, into what people imagined Texas to be. We had a great meal at the H3 Ranch while we were there, and once again people were super friendly.

The baseball itself was great! MLB hosted my boss and I for the event, so we had great tickets for both the Home Run Derby and All-Star Game. My MLB contact sat with us for both games, and had so many stories to tell. Globe Life Field is just amazing, there are so many vendors inside the stadium, that lineups aren't bad at all. And once you step out of the stadium, there are live bands playing, bars and restaurants everywhere outside. Instead of fighting the crowd for an Uber, we watched the band Texas Flood play for an hour, and had a few more drinks before leaving. They really know how to do it well. Comparing it to the Rogers Centre in Toronto, where there are very limited vendor choices, and so the lineups to buy hot dogs and chicken fingers can get ridiculous. People need to look at Globe Life Field as an example of how to do it.

Bobby Witt Jr and Elly De La Cruz got some of the biggest cheers of the non-Texas players. Apparently there is a big Texas / Houston rivalry, which I didn't know about, because Yordan Alvarez got booed like crazy! Seeing Skenes pitch against some of the best batters in the world was riveting. The big Ohtani home run got people cheering. I liked Soto's single which he turned into a double because he just kept running. Teoscar winning the HR Derby was definitely a surprise, and why didn't his teammates stick around for him? Everybody else's teammates were there to support them except for Teoscar who had Vladdy.

Overall it was a ton of fun. First time in Texas and it was great, other than the heat which nearly killed me. Hopefully I'll get to go again next year.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM   #311
RainMaker
General Manager

That's really cool and glad you had fun. I really dug Fort Worth too. Kind of a small city vibe with a lot compacted downtown. Food is incredible and so many places had live music. There was a lot of construction it seemed when I was there (new buildings, developments, etc) and I've heard it just keeps growing.

And agree with you on the weather, I am not built for that kind of heat.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote