Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old Today, 09:56 AM   #5101
cuervo72
Head Coach

Oh yeah, and re: McD's. I mean, I had a job at BK in HS. How would I prove that? I don't put it on my resume. I doubt BK has records from 1990. I certainly don't have pay checks from then, or tax records. (Even worse would be my brief stint at Hechinger's. They no longer even exist!)
Old Today, 10:05 AM   #5102
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Going through my parents' belongings when they moved from TX to NC last year, I actually found a pay advice from my HS job at Big Star (a grocery store in GA at the time). But yeah, most people don't keep that kind of stuff.

I did disclose it on my bar application, but was never asked to substantiate my employment, thankfully - although I spent the better part of 3 years trying to prove a negative that I did not receive a speeding ticket when I got pulled over at some point in college (I regretted taking the bar and law school's advice to "over-disclose in an abundance of caution").
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:12 AM   #5103
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I currently have unclaimed funds sitting in CA that I can't claim. The address on it was one where I spent 3 weeks living with a former co-worker that let me stay in a spare room while I was apartment hunting. I never would have setup any utilities in my name there, and only received one, maybe two paychecks at that address. It is only $50, but I am not able to provide any proof that I am the proper claimant.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:13 AM   #5104
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Big Star! We had one in walking distance as well as a Food Giant growing up. The Big Star always had the best giveaways. They would have these big bingo boards to win prizes, along with Green Stamps that my grandma collected. I believe it was Big Star that also had a horse racing game, where you would get a ticket with a horse and they would show the race on TV to see if you won. Then Food Giant had a football game with point spreads for prizes. The gambling push they put out when I was 10...

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:42 AM   #5105
Ksyrup

I had so much fun with my best friend working at Big Star in HS. I have very fond memories of getting the stale baguettes from the bakery, going into the produce cooler, and working on our baseball skills with spoiled lemons and oranges.

I'm sure it's been a couple things since I left, but it's now a Fresh Market.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old Today, 11:00 AM   #5106
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Anecdotal, but in driving out to IN again last weekend we oddly didn't see many signs at all. Yeah, there was the occasional sarcastic "Thanks Joe" or Trump billboard, but those are there all the time. Lawns there weren't many (if anything, where we were there were a few random Harris/Walz signs and not a lot else; some guy named Ben Carson -- not that one -- too, I guess).

I live in a very red area and there are a lot of Trump signs, but I am seeing more Harris signs than Biden (didn't live here during Hillary)

What is interesting is there is a house I pass leaving my neighborhood that has had a Trump flag on their fence for a couple years. I noticed about a week ago it's gone. I assume it was probably stolen or blew away since I don't think anyone goes from flying the flag to not supporting him.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:14 AM   #5107
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Trump spending a lot of time in North Carolina has to be a good sign for Harris.

Last edited by Lathum : Today at 11:36 AM.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:22 AM   #5108
Kodos
Resident Alien

I voted early today. Good to have that taken care of, just in case I get hit by a bus or something.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:21 PM   #5109
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I voted early today. Good to have that taken care of, just in case I get hit by a bus or something.

VOTER FRAUD!
Old Today, 12:26 PM   #5110
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I live in a very red area and there are a lot of Trump signs, but I am seeing more Harris signs than Biden (didn't live here during Hillary)

What is interesting is there is a house I pass leaving my neighborhood that has had a Trump flag on their fence for a couple years. I noticed about a week ago it's gone. I assume it was probably stolen or blew away since I don't think anyone goes from flying the flag to not supporting him.

The house at the main exit out of our neighborhood used to fly a huge Trump 2024 No More Bullshit flag. Like, several years ago, not in the run-up to the election this year. It's been gone for a year or more. He's technically in another subdivision than us so I don't know if their HOA made him take it down because of the profanity, or he just didn't want the hassle of being known as the village idiot. But he's got no signs up which is interesting.

This is the same guy who threatened a young boy whose dog peed on his lawn. Not pooped, peed. So yeah, he fits perfectly in the Trump demographic.
Old Today, 12:36 PM   #5111
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

Did you vote for Kang?
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:58 PM   #5112
Kodos
Resident Alien

Don't blame me; I voted for KODOS!
Old Today, 01:09 PM   #5113
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

If you just look at the high-quality polls it's been Harris +3 nationally basically the entire time.

Nothing matters.
Old Today, 01:10 PM   #5114
Kodos
Resident Alien

Either way, your planet is doomed!
Old Today, 02:35 PM   #5115
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
VOTER FRAUD!

Real voter fraud is in the nursing homes. We used to only have them vote if their BIMs said they were no more than mildly cognitively impaired. Now we have people coming in and helping residents with a BIMs of 0 vote.

To score a zero you have to not be able to repeat back 3 words said to you immediately after, not know what year, month, or day of the week it is or even be close, and you then aren’t able to recall the three words from the start even after being given cues. I bitched about this in 2022 though too.

Last edited by dubb93 : Today at 02:44 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:49 PM   #5116
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Real voter fraud is in the nursing homes. We used to only have them vote if their BIMs said they were no more than mildly cognitively impaired. Now we have people coming in and helping residents with a BIMs of 0 vote.

To score a zero you have to not be able to repeat back 3 words said to you immediately after, not know what year, month, or day of the week it is or even be close, and you then aren’t able to recall the three words from the start even after being given cues. I bitched about this in 2022 though too.
Ut, oh.
Old Today, 03:02 PM   #5117
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I didn't remember this from 4 years ago, but they placed my DL in a device that was scanned (or something). I think 4 years ago it was manual look and verify.
I'm not sure about 4 years ago, but they definitely did that two years ago.
Old Today, 03:07 PM   #5118
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post

What people are coming in? And I don't mean "the party I like" or "the party I don't like" I mean are these family members or at least people who know them?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:10 PM   #5119
Ksyrup

So it's 50/50 as to whether Trump can vote for himself?
Old Today, 03:14 PM   #5120
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
What people are coming in? And I don't mean "the party I like" or "the party I don't like" I mean are these family members or at least people who know them?

No it’s usually volunteers. I’m pretty sure they call it the travel board that comes in and helps everyone vote at once.

In practical terms everyone just has one helper at a time in order to save time rather than the two you are supposed to have.

I mean it’s great for some of these people. We have some awesome people living in these homes that deserve a voice, but we also have people with profound dementia that really shouldn’t be sitting with someone and casting a ballot.

Last edited by dubb93 : Today at 03:16 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:30 PM   #5121
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I'll refer you to Biden's Immigration Reform - Page 7 - Front Office Football Central and post #307 and down. I think #317 and #325 will answer your question from my POV.

Legislatively, I want a grand bargain on immigration reform (see same thread #82). Dems want pathway to citizenship, GOP do not. This seems to be the main sticking point. So, my happy compromise is grant legal status to illegals through renewable guest worker programs.

Question to you: Do you support citizenship for the approx 11M+ illegals? And if so, why?

Sorry I didn't get to answer this for a while, life got busy!

I wanted to read the posts you referenced more clearly, since I couldn't quite figure out what in there points to the problem you have with a path to citizenship. You say you're in favor of legal immigration, great. I suspect we have differing ideas of what that looks like, but probably not relevant immediately.

The only thing I see which points to you having a problem with a path to citizenship is from your post #317:

Quote:
I do not want illegal immigrants impacting elections. And before anyone calls this racist, keep in mind that I am a proponent of increased legal immigration. I've said somewhere that legal immigration is how we solve our birthrate issue and also increase/maintain our competitive advantage (e.g. obvious when we look at Silicon Valley). So as some here may accuse me of "not wanting the brown people south of the border", I'm actually saying "open it up to all the brown, black, yellow people from all over the world, based on a merit/skills system, and reduce illegal & family based immigration".

Okay, now that I've kept that in mind, I'll call that racist. But seriously, it sounds like you advocate for a policy of "open it up" -- given that you have that philosophy, why does it even matter who's legal and who's illegal? And if you're saying "open it up, but none of them get citizenship" how is that not racist to say "you can live in MY country, but not actually be a part of it?" Before you get all defensive, keep in mind that your family probably came here from somewhere.

And yes, I support citizenship for whoever wants it.

Last edited by Passacaglia : Today at 03:32 PM.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote